by bahakhatib
Tags: None
Share this thread:
bahakhatib
Feb27-12, 01:52 AM
P: 1
Dear all gentlemen ,

Can any one help me ?

I'am doing my thesis in civil engineering in studying and mixing statistics with civil engineering with topic of " impacting concrete with steel projectile "

if we consider the projectile is bullet and concrete is barrier any one has idea to find the distance which the bullet can enter inside this barrier or equation which can help me to derive ?
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
An innovative system anticipates driver fatigue in the vehicle to prevent accidents
Squink personal factory aims to make circuit prototyping easy
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
OldEngr63
Feb27-12, 09:38 PM
P: 343
Just off the top of my head, I am inclined to think that this is going to depend strongly on what the aggregate is, what the strength of the concrete is, how much steel is in the concrete, and probably the age of the concrete.

I would suggest that you look for published reports from the Army arsenals. They are the sort of folks that do this type of work routinely.
NascentOxygen
Feb28-12, 06:47 PM
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 5,131
Quote Quote by bahakhatib View Post
Dear all gentlemen ,
The ladies must feel ostracised, I'm sure.
if we consider the projectile is bullet and concrete is barrier any one has idea to find the distance which the bullet can enter inside this barrier or equation which can help me to derive ?
This is almost certainly an area of interest to your supervisor, has s/he not given you some suggested preliminary reading?

Register to reply