Register to reply

Chocolates Temperature

by waterfall
Tags: chocolates, temperature
Share this thread:
waterfall
Mar3-12, 08:13 PM
P: 381
Even though I have many kinds of brands of chocolates. When the weather is just 2 degrees Celsius hotter. They begin to melt. Can't they create chocolates that have more thresholds for "melting" (by melt is meant they became liquid like) and are very hard even at 33 degrees celsius? What substance inside controls the "melting" point for chocolates?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Fungus deadly to AIDS patients found to grow on trees
Canola genome sequence reveals evolutionary 'love triangle'
Scientists uncover clues to role of magnetism in iron-based superconductors
Astronuc
Mar3-12, 08:39 PM
Admin
P: 21,866
It has to do with the amount of butter fat (milk chocolate) vs cocoa butter and solids.

Just put your chocolate in the refrigerator, and don't worry.
waterfall
Mar3-12, 08:41 PM
Quote Quote by Astronuc View Post
It has to do with the amount of butter fat (milk chocolate) vs cocoa butter and solids.

Just put your chocolate in the refrigerator, and don't worry.
It is put in car for emergency use. So which has more resistance for melting.. butter fat or cocoa butter? then I should look for combination with more of the substance that is more resistant for turning into liquid. Thanks.

Greg Bernhardt
Mar3-12, 08:46 PM
Admin
P: 9,491
Chocolates Temperature

I put my chocolate in the freezer, mmmmmmm!
waterfall
Mar3-12, 08:50 PM
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
I put my chocolate in the freezer, mmmmmmm!
There are freezers in the forests? Just kidding.. lol...

Well. Sometimes when we have many places to go or do. We don't have time for snacks. So we put chocolates in our pockets as fuel for our mitochondria.. but some melt faster. The round M&M seems more resistant... can someone confirm because it has more cocoa butter than butter fat? But both are butter.. do fats melt faster or slower?
Monique
Mar4-12, 02:58 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
Quote Quote by Astronuc View Post
Cacao butter = milk chocolate, did you mean butter vs cacao?. The fact that chocolate melts around body temperature makes it so tasty, I don't understand people who cool it before eating.
Fredrik
Mar4-12, 03:44 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 9,355
Quote Quote by Monique View Post
The fact that chocolate melts around body temperature makes it so tasty, I don't understand people who cool it before eating.
I don't understand people who don't. I'm with Greg on this. Put it in the freezer.
waterfall
Mar5-12, 07:32 AM
Quote Quote by Monique View Post
Cacao butter = milk chocolate, did you mean butter vs cacao?. The fact that chocolate melts around body temperature makes it so tasty, I don't understand people who cool it before eating.
This makes good sense. If they design chocolates to melt at 40-50 Celsius (I think by adding more ingredients this is possible). It won't melt in the mouth and won't be so tasty. About why one must cool it first before eating. Well. When you first feel frost and then liquid. Maybe this gives the unconscious feeling of snows and swimming so give more fun to the whole idea. I also love to eat them by first freezing them. Makes it lasts longer in the mouth so your tongue would be saturated with it for more lengthy period.

Unfortunately there seems to be a bad side effect of chocolates. I read it depresses immune system. What substance of chocolates do that and what's the mechanism of action? Whenever I eat a mouthfull. I always get throat or lung infection and cough for many weeks or months. So if someone can tell what part of chocolates does that and what category doesn't have those.. then I can take more chocolates at will. Thanks.
waterfall
Mar5-12, 07:40 AM
Quote Quote by waterfall View Post
This makes good sense. If they design chocolates to melt at 40-50 Celsius (I think by adding more ingredients this is possible). It won't melt in the mouth and won't be so tasty. About why one must cool it first before eating. Well. When you first feel frost and then liquid. Maybe this gives the unconscious feeling of snows and swimming so give more fun to the whole idea. I also love to eat them by first freezing them. Makes it lasts longer in the mouth so your tongue would be saturated with it for more lengthy period.

Unfortunately there seems to be a bad side effect of chocolates. I read it depresses immune system. What substance of chocolates do that and what's the mechanism of action? Whenever I eat a mouthfull. I always get throat or lung infection and cough for many weeks or months. So if someone can tell what part of chocolates does that and what category doesn't have those.. then I can take more chocolates at will. Thanks.
Lest someone thought I was spreading misinformation and get banned. Well. Here is one reference:

http://www.remediesforherpes.com/foo...th-herpes.html

"A 2003 report says that one of the chocolates ingredients, metylxantil helps to suppress the immune system, a situation that helps trigger the herpes virus."

So how does metylxantil suppress immune system? Mechanism? What other substance? I'm sure something like this is true because whenever I eat many bars or large ones. I always get cough from throat problem, etc. No kidding. This is why I avoid chocolates although I really love them so much. So let's take this opportunity to scrutinize how chocolates exactly suppress the immune system.
Evo
Mar5-12, 11:25 AM
Mentor
P: 26,527
That site is not acceptable and neither is the information.

Even wiki is more credible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobromine

Register to reply