Google Values Your Privacy at $.0543 Per Day

by Greg Bernhardt
Tags: $0543, google, privacy, values
Share this thread:
Greg Bernhardt
Mar2-12, 04:40 PM
Admin
P: 9,334
Are you looking for a way to get rich? *This isn’t the place for that; but if you are into over-sharing, this is definitely the program for you. *Starting today, you can sign up for Google’s new trend survey program … Continue reading →

Read More...
Phys.Org News Partner Social sciences news on Phys.org
Decoding ethnic labels
Local education politics 'far from dead'
First grade reading suffers in segregated schools
Pyrrhus
Mar5-12, 06:33 PM
HW Helper
P: 2,278
Not surprising. Google is obsessed with private information. That's how they improve their marketing algorithms to get you buy "stuff". Google values your privacy at 5 cents per day. I suspect people may value their privacy 10-12 dollars per day, maybe higher depending on job, income...
berned_you
Mar22-12, 02:31 PM
P: 65
Let's take a poll...what's your privacy worth? I think I'd sell my info for $2/day.

Pyrrhus
Mar22-12, 06:05 PM
HW Helper
P: 2,278
Google Values Your Privacy at $.0543 Per Day

Quote Quote by berned_you View Post
Let's take a poll...what's your privacy worth? I think I'd sell my info for $2/day.
It depends on the content of your information. Google doesn't care about harmless information. Google wants to know where you live, your web history, your consumer habits, and so on.
Greg Bernhardt
Apr18-12, 10:05 AM
Admin
P: 9,334
Quote Quote by Pyrrhus View Post
It depends on the content of your information. Google doesn't care about harmless information. Google wants to know where you live, your web history, your consumer habits, and so on.
So what is that worth to you? Note they already track all this now for free. I would allow it for $2 a day as well.

Register to reply