exchange current density

by gg_1
Tags: current, density, exchange
gg_1
Mar6-12, 05:35 AM
P: 4
Hi folk, I am new to electrochemistry and I am currently trying to find values for the exchange current densities of a range of pure metals. I have had some success from books such as the encyclopedia of electrochemistry of the elements, however I can't seem to find any values for chromium. Can anybody point me in the right direction on where to find this?
Phys.Org News Partner Chemistry news on Phys.org
Repeated self-healing now possible in composite materials
Potent, puzzling and (now less) toxic: Team discovers how antifungal drug works
Research offers 'promise' of improved food safety
Borek
Mar6-12, 06:27 AM
Admin
P: 22,655
My electrochemistry book (Galus, Fundamentals of Electrochemical Analysis) points to this paper: Kinetic parameters of electrode reactions, N. Tanaka, R. Tamamushi, Electrochimica Acta, Volume 9, Issue 7, July 1964, Pages 963–989 (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...13468664850453 from 1964) and a later supplement. From what I understand they collected reaction rates rather then exchange currents, but these are easy to convert.
gg_1
Mar6-12, 07:11 AM
P: 4
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
My electrochemistry book (Galus, Fundamentals of Electrochemical Analysis) points to this paper: Kinetic parameters of electrode reactions, N. Tanaka, R. Tamamushi, Electrochimica Acta, Volume 9, Issue 7, July 1964, Pages 963989 (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...13468664850453 from 1964) and a later supplement. From what I understand they collected reaction rates rather then exchange currents, but these are easy to convert.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my university library doesn't seem to stock this journal and is not subscribed to it on science direct. I'm hesitant to purchase the paper incase it is not of any use.

Register to reply