Learn to solve physics exercises

by Deimantas
Tags: exercises, learn, physics, solve
Share this thread:
Deimantas
Mar22-12, 03:59 PM
P: 32
Hello all.
I don't have much time.. I'm studying applied maths and I've got a mandatory course of physics. I find it the hardest of all courses. Despite the fact that physics exercises are based heavily on math, I hardly succeed in solving it.

What I seek to develop is, specifically, an ability to solve physics exercises, focused chiefly on equations, in the field of mechanics. After I build the skill in solving mechanics exercises, I'll probably be able to adapt to other fields. If you could recommend me any web-sites or books for a physics beginner, I'd appreciate it.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
Doc Al
Mar22-12, 04:19 PM
Mentor
P: 41,477
What level are you talking about? First year undergrad?
Deimantas
Mar23-12, 03:06 PM
Quote Quote by Doc Al View Post
What level are you talking about? First year undergrad?
Well, I am a first year undergrad, but I don't possess the required knowledge that one should. I thought maybe I should begin at late high school level, but I'm not sure. Just throw at me whatever you have.

Doc Al
Mar23-12, 03:15 PM
Mentor
P: 41,477
Learn to solve physics exercises

To start off with, I recommend you grab yourself a Schaum's outline. Plenty of solved problems there. Here's one: Schaum's 3,000 Solved Problems in Physics (Schaum's Outline Series)
Deimantas
Mar23-12, 05:31 PM
Quote Quote by Doc Al View Post
To start off with, I recommend you grab yourself a Schaum's outline. Plenty of solved problems there. Here's one: Schaum's 3,000 Solved Problems in Physics (Schaum's Outline Series)
Thanks, looks like it's going to be a wonder of a book. I could still use some web sites though, if there are any noteworthy.

Register to reply