PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
Share this thread:
Borg
Apr16-12, 06:36 AM
PF Gold
P: 759
I make no promises but I intend to do something. Tomorrow... Maybe...
dkotschessaa
Apr16-12, 06:39 AM
P: 577
Quote Quote by Kinase View Post
Have you guys seen the Red Bull Stratos project? They're having a guy jump out of a capsule from like 120,000 feet. Should be happening soon presumably. They say he'll break the speed of sound until he hits lower atmosphere. He'll also be breaking all previous records.
And he's going to be jacked up on red bull?

Interesting: http://www.redbullstratos.com/
dkotschessaa
Apr16-12, 06:44 AM
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
Biiiiiiiiill Cosby NEEDS... to speak... a liiiiiiiiitle... faster... ... ... BECAUSE, HIS, AUDIENCE, only has... ... ... so much... ... ... patience.

He was on Meet the Press this morning. Listening to him talk after rapid-speak Geithner is like hitting the brakes and putting the car in reverse.
Nah, everybody else needs to slow down and be more patient.

The Coz is the man.
Char. Limit
Apr16-12, 01:22 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,941
New avatar. Evo's is great and all, but we don't need me to be acting like her anymore.
Hobin
Apr16-12, 02:02 PM
P: 194
Quote Quote by Char. Limit View Post
New avatar. Evo's is great and all, but we don't need me to be acting like her anymore.
I like it.
Ivan Seeking
Apr16-12, 07:18 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
5 PM, finally! Hopefully now the phone will stop ringing and I can get some real work done. It has been craaaaaaaaaazy busy!!! For a time I was feeling that "my head is about to explode" feeling. But that was partly due to a mystery that has been resolved. What the customer was telling me just wasn't possible...at least it was very hard to imagine a reasonable explanation. Eventually the mystery fact came to light and the world made sense again. For a time they really had me going.
OldEngr63
Apr16-12, 09:42 PM
P: 343
Quote Quote by Kinase View Post
Have you guys seen the Red Bull Stratos project? They're having a guy jump out of a capsule from like 120,000 feet. Should be happening soon presumably. They say he'll break the speed of sound until he hits lower atmosphere. He'll also be breaking all previous records.
It will be interesting to see what else he breaks (arms, neck, legs, etc).
Evo
Apr16-12, 10:01 PM
Mentor
P: 26,426
Quote Quote by Char. Limit View Post
I thought I looked different.
dkotschessaa
Apr17-12, 06:51 AM
Not so random thought.... Do threads get missed on PF simply because there are so many visitors/posts and it is so busy? My threads are dying quicker than a carnival goldfish. A bit frustrating... Is there an optimal time to post so that people will see them pop up?
Borek
Apr17-12, 06:53 AM
Admin
P: 23,363
Not so random answer: ask in feedback.
lisab
Apr17-12, 10:46 PM
Mentor
P: 2,974
This has to be a hoax.

Or a joke. Yeah that's it, it's just a joke...right? Right? Will someone please tell me this is a joke?!

OmCheeto
Apr17-12, 11:09 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,420
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
This has to be a hoax.

Or a joke. Yeah that's it, it's just a joke...right? Right? Will someone please tell me this is a joke?!

I don't know, but I almost had a freaking heart attack researching it:

Quote Quote by rc
it seems they believe that people who have 3 arms or at least 3 hands shop at walmart.

i would have gone with 2 hands and 1 foot.
It should be five smiling faces so you can count the teeth
dkotschessaa
Apr18-12, 07:18 AM
Seems legit to me. Three armed people are notorious for sneaking too many items through the express line.
AlephZero
Apr18-12, 05:34 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 6,929
So the London Olymipics has a motto. It's "Inspire a generation".

I wonder how many person hours it took for a committee to come up with something as feeble as that?
turbo
Apr18-12, 05:49 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Well, they could have invited Keith Moon to play at the opening ceremonies...
dkotschessaa
Apr18-12, 05:55 PM
I was looking for a tiramisu recipe that used real espresso (we have a machine here), and I think I found it...

Note 1: Don't use American coffee in place of espresso. If you do use coffee, don't call the result tiramisu, because it is not, and don't tell anybody where you got the recipe. Don't use 'espresso blend' coffee of any type. It is not Italian espresso. Use an Italian brand such as Cello, Lavazza, Kimbo, Mauro, Illy, etc. You should be able to find it at an Italian market. It will either be packaged in a 250gr. (8 oz) foil brick or an 8oz can. If you are in the USA it will be expensive. You don't have to use the most expensive brand, but make sure it is Italian. Starbucks doesn't make any coffee that is even remotely close to Italian espresso. Don't bother trying to use it.

Another note: We use Savoiardi lady fingers. Other types may absorb the espresso at a different rate and change quantity of espresso, and hence the flavor of the tiramisu.

I mean, there's an optimal lady fingers/espresso absorption rate! yeahhh this is my recipe...

-DaveK
turbo
Apr18-12, 06:00 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Glad I ditched TV channels for Sirius. BB King's Bluesville has a nice selection.
nobahar
Apr18-12, 07:24 PM
P: 503
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
This has to be a hoax.

It's probably exaggerated to make a point: I guess people say "I have 18 items, that's close to 15". Then people start taking 20, then 22, who know where it will end...

Quote Quote by AlephZero View Post
So the London Olymipics has a motto. It's "Inspire a generation".

I wonder how many person hours it took for a committee to come up with something as feeble as that?
And the logo. Why not something quintessentially British. Like fancy Calligraphy, or something... The current logo doesn't really say 'London', its just generic.

Register to reply