Register to reply

Google Project Glass

by phoenix:\\
Tags: glass, google, project
Share this thread:
phylotree
Apr16-12, 11:33 PM
P: 50
That is awesome, now I have something I can talk to that can understand my Engish.
QuarkCharmer
Apr16-12, 11:50 PM
P: 1,035
At first I thought:

But then I realized:

Really though, this is what google was claiming the product would look like:

The thing from that video, I can't tell if it's the same with a ton of extra camera gear on it, or if it's just that much bigger. If it just projects onto a lense, I would really have to see it in person to judge it, that video is NOT a camera of a lense with the device projecting on it. That is definitely an output from the devise super imposed over the video. Sure, it may be in real time, and it might be actual "footage"... I've seen a few heads up displays in my life, in cars, and even some very high end ones in jets, it's nothing nice looking at all.

Also, you think texting while driving is bad....

jhae2.718
Apr16-12, 11:54 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,160
Google Project Glass

NASA has a similar head worn display for pilots: http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._206327-1.html

These will become more widespread in the near future, especially for commercial air transports, as glasses let you remove the HUD and save on a lot of weight.

The hard part is getting a decent instantaneous field of view.
wuliheron
Apr17-12, 08:10 AM
P: 1,967
Google is just exploring the software and cheaper hardware possibilities. There are already people developing much better displays and even one that fits inside contact lenses. A step closer to sticking a wire in your brain and displaying the picture right on you occipital lobe.
Greg Bernhardt
Apr27-12, 06:54 PM
Admin
P: 9,563
I can't imagine the first few models being a "must get", but this is a good step.
Max™
Apr29-12, 06:45 PM
P: 242
Quote Quote by QuarkCharmer View Post
But then I realized:
Whoa, how do you get those ad things on your sites? Did your adblocker break?

Register to reply