Register to reply

Anodization at 100V

by ralden
Tags: 100v, anodization
Share this thread:
ralden
Apr21-12, 08:45 AM
P: 17
Hi to everyone, actually i 'm conducted an experiment in fabrication of nanotubes layer in metal by anodization that varies with voltage, when my last sample undergo an anodization at 100 V the electrolyte heat up and started to spume.. my adviser ask me what happen to the last sample? then i answered that it because of high voltage.. that correspond to high power.. that results to heat... (the main reason on spuming) but he doubted, he said it's something about the chemical reaction of the anodization.. please tell me what happen on chemical reaction in anodization thank you.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Lawsuits challenge US drone, model aircraft rules
CU-Boulder leads international unmanned aircraft testing event at Pawnee Grassland
Gesture-controlled, autonomous vehicles may be valuable helpers in logistics and trans-shipment centers
NascentOxygen
Apr21-12, 10:15 AM
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 5,266
Hi ralden. The word "spume" is used very little in everyday English. Most people won't understand what you mean. Can you describe it more clearly and using some other words?

Were you anodizing aluminium sheet?
ralden
Apr22-12, 06:28 AM
P: 17
Sorry for the term i think the better word is "boil" ... i anodized Titanium foil

Antiphon
Apr22-12, 01:45 PM
P: 1,781
Anodization at 100V

What was the current? That's how you'll know what the power was.
dacarls
Jan28-14, 07:52 AM
P: 23
12 volts is better for aluminum. Titanium too. The clips used in commercial anodizing of aluminum parts are titanium clips. They never get too much coating. With Ti it happens quickly too.

Register to reply