Register to reply

Suggestion Numerical Analysis Forum

by bda23
Tags: None
Share this thread:
bda23
Apr30-12, 01:48 PM
P: 33
Hi, prompted by another person's post I was wondering whether it was possible to start a Numerical Analysis section for mathematicians, scientists and engineers. I could imagine there's a potentially large group of members who'd benefit from it. Just a suggestion.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists discover RNA modifications in some unexpected places
Scientists discover tropical tree microbiome in Panama
'Squid skin' metamaterials project yields vivid color display
Borek
Apr30-12, 02:09 PM
Admin
P: 23,714
We don't make new forums to wait for traffic, we split the old ones when it is obvious the traffic exists.
jtbell
Apr30-12, 02:36 PM
Mentor
P: 11,862
If you're referring to algorithms and programming for numerical methods, the appropriate place is the Programming & Comp Sci subforum of Computers & Technology. We occasionally have threads about Runge-Kutta methods, etc.

bda23
Apr30-12, 03:02 PM
Numerical Analysis Forum

Thanks for your posts, makes sense. Programming for numerical methods can already be helpful, so I will look at those sections you mentioned. Runge-Kutta, finite element, finite volume, etc. was what I was also thinking of, the mathematical theory behind them, the technicalities in using them for problems, etc.
Borek
Apr30-12, 03:49 PM
Admin
P: 23,714
Perfectly fits here and here.
Astronuc
Apr30-12, 07:23 PM
Admin
P: 21,910
Quote Quote by bda23 View Post
Thanks for your posts, makes sense. Programming for numerical methods can already be helpful, so I will look at those sections you mentioned. Runge-Kutta, finite element, finite volume, etc. was what I was also thinking of, the mathematical theory behind them, the technicalities in using them for problems, etc.
FEA/CFD/Multiphysics are often discussed under Mechanical Engineering.

Mathematical theory behind some of this is found in Calculus & Analysis or Differential Equations

Programming & Comp Sci under Computing & Technology would be the place to discuss algorithms and programming.
bda23
May1-12, 05:32 AM
Thanks, I will look at those sections.

Register to reply