Register to reply

Suggestion Numerical Analysis Forum

by bda23
Tags: None
Share this thread:
bda23
Apr30-12, 01:48 PM
P: 33
Hi, prompted by another person's post I was wondering whether it was possible to start a Numerical Analysis section for mathematicians, scientists and engineers. I could imagine there's a potentially large group of members who'd benefit from it. Just a suggestion.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
Borek
Apr30-12, 02:09 PM
Admin
P: 23,397
We don't make new forums to wait for traffic, we split the old ones when it is obvious the traffic exists.
jtbell
Apr30-12, 02:36 PM
Mentor
P: 11,630
If you're referring to algorithms and programming for numerical methods, the appropriate place is the Programming & Comp Sci subforum of Computers & Technology. We occasionally have threads about Runge-Kutta methods, etc.

bda23
Apr30-12, 03:02 PM
Numerical Analysis Forum

Thanks for your posts, makes sense. Programming for numerical methods can already be helpful, so I will look at those sections you mentioned. Runge-Kutta, finite element, finite volume, etc. was what I was also thinking of, the mathematical theory behind them, the technicalities in using them for problems, etc.
Borek
Apr30-12, 03:49 PM
Admin
P: 23,397
Perfectly fits here and here.
Astronuc
Apr30-12, 07:23 PM
Admin
P: 21,827
Quote Quote by bda23 View Post
Thanks for your posts, makes sense. Programming for numerical methods can already be helpful, so I will look at those sections you mentioned. Runge-Kutta, finite element, finite volume, etc. was what I was also thinking of, the mathematical theory behind them, the technicalities in using them for problems, etc.
FEA/CFD/Multiphysics are often discussed under Mechanical Engineering.

Mathematical theory behind some of this is found in Calculus & Analysis or Differential Equations

Programming & Comp Sci under Computing & Technology would be the place to discuss algorithms and programming.
bda23
May1-12, 05:32 AM
Thanks, I will look at those sections.

Register to reply