Register to reply

I just dont get the idea on how to do this [projectile motion]

by suryanarayan
Tags: motion, projectile
Share this thread:
suryanarayan
May1-12, 11:16 AM
P: 15
i dont know how this works.....when a body is projected at an angle "theta" with the horizontal above a height 'h'...what is its maximum height and maximum range???should i just treat it as two separate motions or is there another way to do it....i can solve if it is just a parabolic projection from the ground or if it is horizontal projection from an height(parallel to the horizontal)

please help???
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Step lightly: All-optical transistor triggered by single photon promises advances in quantum applications
The unifying framework of symmetry reveals properties of a broad range of physical systems
What time is it in the universe?
Ken G
May1-12, 11:34 AM
PF Gold
P: 3,128
The preferred technique is to break the motion into two independent components, vertical and horizontal. You can write F=ma for the two componenents separately, and the only thing that connects them is they share the same "t" (time). Often, the horizontal (x) component is simply motion at a constant speed, x=vt. The vertical (y) component is the same as if you throw a particle straight up with some initial speed u. Then note that v and u are the components of the initial velocity, using trigonometry on the angle theta.

Register to reply