I need help with a part of this project design/idea please!

by fckid2
Tags: design engineering, design project, digital logic, electrical, texting
fckid2
May8-12, 04:39 AM
P: 1
I am doing a project for a class of mine and I am stuck with one very important thing. I need to figure out how to accomplish event driven texting. This will either be done from one or multiple devices. So use of a modem that can connect to one or more of a certain type of device wirelessly would be nice. Especially if it has the capability of transmitting AND receiving texts. I will try to provide an example to kind of give you guys a picture in your head. Imagine that I had two robots in two different places in my apartment and they both had to do different things (robot 1 had to roll 5 feet and robot 2 had to move forward until it got stuck). I need robot one to text me something like "5 foot mark reached" and robot two to text me something like "I just got stuck". And I would be able to text back saying somethings like "go back 5 feet" or "turn 360 degrees" and they would do just that. Now this idea doesn't just involve robotics so dont worry about the details about the robots or anything. I just need help with the texting part. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Lifting the brakes on fuel efficiency
PsiKick's batteryless sensors poised for coming 'Internet of things'
Researcher launches successful tech start-up to help the blind

Register to reply