Genie 2000 Programming Library

by dos
Tags: 2000, genie, library, programming
0x0000eWan
Oct30-12, 09:23 PM
P: 4
Hi hperaza,
I've finished work 2 days later after I posted previous post on forum. I managed to get everything I needed from cnf files, but I just didn't have time to update my solution. I did all this work because of clients which aren't licenced to use canberra software, but still wanna use our software. But anyway, thanks for your post, I'm sure it will help someone else trying to accomplish what I did :D

Btw it seems even canberra doesn't know, how cam files actually work :D
hperaza
Nov7-12, 07:50 AM
P: 2
Quote Quote by 0x0000eWan View Post
I did all this work because of clients which aren't licenced to use canberra software, but still wanna use our software.
If you own a CANBERRA license, I believe you can use their COM components in your application and distribute it the same way you use third party components in a VB or .NET application. After all, CANBERRA applications require a hardware key to run. What can happen is that your clients will not be able to connect to a detector or to save CAM files (for that they'll need a key), but they should be able to read the files without problems.

And you're right. I don't think CANBERRA knows how the CAM file works, since they did not invent it.
foobarbaz
Mar7-14, 09:17 AM
P: 1
Quote Quote by dos View Post
Hi everybody!
I read in a document of Canberra saying that:" Genie 2000 Program Library allows a programmer to interact directly with Genie 2000 capabilities from a C++ language environment and also allows the addition of user-coded analysis engines to the Genie 2000 environment".
If someone know about this issue, please help me!

Maybe this is too late reply but sometime I did a JNA wrapper to Gene 2000 library, anyways it is here, please feel free to contact me if you find this usefull and need any help: https://github.com/jbzdak/genie-connector/

Register to reply