Register to reply

Help with equations

by Antuanne
Tags: equations
Share this thread:
Antuanne
Nov7-12, 01:13 PM
P: 23
I can't figure out how to simplify the equation E2=m2c4+p2c2 to Emγc2! This is driving me crazy trying to! How do you?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Suddenly, the sun is eerily quiet: Where did the sunspots go?
'Moral victories' might spare you from losing again
Mammoth and mastodon behavior was less roam, more stay at home
DonAntonio
Nov7-12, 01:46 PM
P: 606
Quote Quote by Antuanne View Post
I can't figure out how to simplify the equation E2=m2c4+p2c2 to Emγc2! This is driving me crazy trying to! How do you?

It is almost impossible to decypher what you meant. Please read in the site how to properly use LaTeX to write mathematics here.

DonAntonio
micromass
Nov7-12, 01:49 PM
Mentor
P: 18,011
Quote Quote by Antuanne View Post
Well, the simplification is impossible unless you got some other relations between E,m,p,c and γ. This is probably a physics problem, in that case it belongs in the physics forum.

Finally, Emγc2 is not an equation, it is a term. An equation should have an =.

Register to reply