Register to reply

Quantum transistors in aircraft aileron control systems

Share this thread:
scumhearted
Nov12-12, 05:30 AM
P: 12
hello all, i need some help on this one. i want to do an article about the posible aplications of quantum entanglement in aircraft flight control systems. i want to entangle two transistors, put one of them at the ACE - actuator control electronics (probably) in the pilot's cabin and the other at the PIC microcontroler for the DC motor that powers the electric liniar actuator of the aileron. the problem is i don't know what to do with the atomic entangled transistors (where to put them, on what chip, where etc). please help
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Optimum inertial self-propulsion design for snowman-like nanorobot
The Quantum Cheshire Cat: Can neutrons be located at a different place than their own spin?
A transistor-like amplifier for single photons
ZapperZ
Nov12-12, 05:58 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 29,239
Er... back up a bit.

How does one entangle two transistors? Shouldn't you establish the physics of this first before writing about the application?

Zz.
scumhearted
Nov12-12, 06:59 AM
well, the real issue for me is using in a microcontroler those atomic entangled transistors, what is the function of the transistors. i could use a scheme for the microcontroler with the atomic transistors. as for the entanglement process i think this is enough for me for now as the above issue seems to be more problematic at the moment: "bombarding a three-dimensional crystal with microwave and radio frequency pulses to create the entangled pairs. " http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/25/sc...spin.html?_r=0

ZapperZ
Nov12-12, 07:11 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 29,239
Quantum transistors in aircraft aileron control systems

Quote Quote by scumhearted View Post
well, the real issue for me is using in a microcontroler those atomic entangled transistors, what is the function of the transistors. i could use a scheme for the microcontroler with the atomic transistors. as for the entanglement process i think this is enough for me for now as the above issue seems to be more problematic at the moment: "bombarding a three-dimensional crystal with microwave and radio frequency pulses to create the entangled pairs. " http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/25/sc...spin.html?_r=0
It is always dangerous to extrapolate what you read here without understanding what actually occurred.

Note that nothing in the paper talked about entangling the transistors! There is an entanglement of the nuclei of the doped semiconductor with the electrons, yes, but this is FAR from entangling the whole macroscopic transistor setup! That is why I asked you to back up a bit, because it appears that you've understood this incorrectly.

Zz.
scumhearted
Nov12-12, 08:51 AM
Quote Quote by ZapperZ View Post
It is always dangerous to extrapolate what you read here without understanding what actually occurred.

Note that nothing in the paper talked about entangling the transistors! There is an entanglement of the nuclei of the doped semiconductor with the electrons, yes, but this is FAR from entangling the whole macroscopic transistor setup! That is why I asked you to back up a bit, because it appears that you've understood this incorrectly.

Zz.
hey 10x for the help on this one. am really having a tough break this time. what u think of this article? http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise...sa-transistor/ have no idea how i could use the atomic transistor. i want one on the microcontroller of the pilot's stick's dc motor and one on the microcontroller of the dc motor of the aileron's actuator. any help on this?

Register to reply