by protonchain
Tags: random
Share this thread:
OmCheeto
Nov11-12, 11:49 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,433
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Not yet, that has to wait till December. Name day.

2:26 AM, guests leaved, good that I don't have to drive home Don't expect me early on-line tomorrow
I had a guest yesterday: my younger brother. I told him to bring beer. Whilst teaching him the origin of "E=mc2", he somehow lost half his beer.

Quote Quote by Andre View Post
You're most welcome, although I'm surprised that it's not standard procedure..

Meanwhile, why did this not happen in my back yard? (courtesy Nilequeen)
I found his golden nectar just moments ago, in my backyard.

I may be a bit sillier in chat this morning, if that's possible. (hic!)

-------------------------------
hmmm.... Rolling Rock.. Ayers Rock... Aussie fire tornadoes..... hmmmm...... Sometimes, the world does revolve/spin around me.
Andre
Nov11-12, 12:53 PM
PF Gold
P: 5,459
Wondering why wikipedia doesn't know that the Carnival season starts today. The eleventh of the eleventh, fools squared day.

At eleven past eleven pm the new unelected prince Carnival is introduced. Beer producers cherish this day.
rootX
Nov11-12, 02:21 PM
P: 1,294
Lest we forget

lisab
Nov11-12, 08:13 PM
Mentor
P: 2,990
I like listening to music on Pandora. But after a few hours, they stop playing music, and they ask: "Are you still listening?" There is no answer option that says, "Well no of course I'm not, because you stopped playing music, you silly people!"
turbo
Nov11-12, 08:17 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Not nice, Lisa, but that is what you get.
dlgoff
Nov11-12, 08:23 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,726
Quote Quote by rootX View Post
Lest we forget

rootX
Nov11-12, 08:37 PM
I was wondering where the 51st start will go
trueo
Nov11-12, 08:48 PM
P: 18
Put one large in the middle with a set opacity or its transparency ;lol
Jimmy Snyder
Nov12-12, 05:33 AM
P: 2,179
Tomorrow will be a dark day for astronomy. There will be a total eclipse of the sun visible from Australia. Nuclear processes on the sun, which normally casts a shadow on the earth's surface, will temporarily cease and except for the path of totality will only reflect light from the earth that sneaks around the moon. As always, don't look directly at the sun unless you are a Republican. They don't believe in eclipses or rape.
dkotschessaa
Nov12-12, 09:02 AM
P: 604
In a lapcorp lobby with spotty wi-fi, here for a 5 hour glucose tolerance test. Basically if I don't eat and have sugar I feel like crap, which is what this test consists of. For five hours. And getting blood drawn 7 times. oh fun.
Andre
Nov12-12, 09:10 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,459
Quote Quote by dkotschessaa View Post
In a lapcorp lobby with spotty wi-fi, here for a 5 hour glucose tolerance test. Basically if I don't eat and have sugar I feel like crap, which is what this test consists of. For five hours. And getting blood drawn 7 times. oh fun.
My sincere compassion and sympathy. Hang in there and enjoy PF.
zoobyshoe
Nov12-12, 01:03 PM
P: 5,630
Quote Quote by Jimmy Snyder View Post
Tomorrow will be a dark day for astronomy. There will be a total eclipse of the sun visible from Australia. Nuclear processes on the sun, which normally casts a shadow on the earth's surface, will temporarily cease and except for the path of totality will only reflect light from the earth that sneaks around the moon. As always, don't look directly at the sun unless you are a Republican. They don't believe in eclipses or rape.
I used to view eclipses by projecting their image through a pin hole onto some surface. First you have to punch a small hole in a piece of paper using some very tiny object, say a Republican's head. And like most things that go through a Republican's head, the image will come out reversed and upside down.
dkotschessaa
Nov12-12, 01:24 PM
Quote Quote by Andre View Post
My sincere compassion and sympathy. Hang in there and enjoy PF.
Man, i am a mess. Caffeine withdraw, combined with fasting, combined with having sugar on an empty stomach and 7 pin pricks. Found (online) that there was a good coffee shop nearby. Tried to find the coffee shop. Couldn't. Tried to go home. Couldn't find the exit to the highway. Back and forth several times. Finally got there. Then mixed the exit home and ended up in 20 miles too far north.

Decided that *any* coffee would do at this point so I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts. But I found out they have actual espresso now. So that was good. Then tried to go home. Got off at the right to get home, but went in the wrong direction for several miles. Had to turn around again. Finally home.

I'm going to watch a Disney movie and space out.
dkotschessaa
Nov12-12, 01:36 PM
You heard me right. I said Disney. Not a huge fan. But somebody gave me an .avi of Tangled and it seems like the perfect remedy to my state.
collinsmark
Nov12-12, 04:31 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 1,954
Okay, I'm now firmly convinced that my home computer really hates PF Chat for some reason. Once again, my whole system crashed, only after about 15 minutes of chat this time. (I think I've ruled out Sunday electrical issue candidates [e.g. laundry dryer, etc.])

Does PF Chat rely on Adobe Flash? I've found a strong correlation: after I finally nurse the system back to life, the first thing that usually comes up is a window announcing that a new version of Adobe Flash is available.

Experimental procedure for next time is to manually install the latest Adobe Flash immediately before attempting any PF Chat at all. I'll see if that makes a difference.
dkotschessaa
Nov12-12, 04:38 PM
There's a PF chat?
Borek
Nov12-12, 04:41 PM
Admin
P: 23,594
Quote Quote by collinsmark View Post
Does PF Chat rely on Adobe Flash?
Yes, chat is flash based.

Quote Quote by dkotschessaa View Post
There's a PF chat?
On Sundays only. Watch the feedback forum.
rootX
Nov12-12, 05:53 PM
Quote Quote by collinsmark View Post
Okay, I'm now firmly convinced that my home computer really hates PF Chat for some reason. Once again, my whole system crashed, only after about 15 minutes of chat this time. (I think I've ruled out Sunday electrical issue candidates [e.g. laundry dryer, etc.])

Does PF Chat rely on Adobe Flash? I've found a strong correlation: after I finally nurse the system back to life, the first thing that usually comes up is a window announcing that a new version of Adobe Flash is available.

Experimental procedure for next time is to manually install the latest Adobe Flash immediately before attempting any PF Chat at all. I'll see if that makes a difference.
I had same flash problem with my last computer. I googled to see any solution and found I wasn't alone!

My computer would go snail speed whenever I played any youtube video.

Register to reply