Tags: evo, food, recipes, turbo, turbo1
Share this thread:
Borek
Nov13-12, 06:22 AM
Admin
P: 23,585
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Peter peppers:

I think they fail to rise up to expectation.
What about this one?

Ms Music
Mar6-13, 12:30 PM
P: 175
Update to Rhody:

I still have three ghost plants going from last year, but they are still only 6 inches high. I don't think anyone that I gave plants to last year overwintered them, so my 3 plants are all that remains of the seeds you sent to my little corner of the world. If I don't get any peppers this summer, I am throwing in the towel. I don't have the time and patience to build an indoor hothouse for year round use.

Ghostless in Seattle...
OmCheeto
Jun12-13, 08:24 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,432
I just bought my first Peter Pepper and Ghost Pepper plants. Crossing my fingers.
OmCheeto
Jun12-13, 08:35 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,432
Quote Quote by rhody View Post
... Hydro, is expensive, and requires a learning commitment and significant amount of time to refine and perfect. Even then the experts will tell you there are times when all of their past experience are baffled when things go awry.

Rhody...
I must be doing it wrong. I've just bought my entire summer garden over the last two weeks, and they are all sitting in a leaky old 20 gallon fish tank on my front porch, waiting for summer.

Is there more to "Hydro", other than water and fish poop?
Ms Music
Jul15-13, 04:19 PM
I finally have 3 ghosts pods growing. The plants are still tiny (only 8 inches high) so I was very surprised to see those mean looking little beasts hiding under the leaves. My daughter insists all three are going to her boyfriend and his best friend, but we shall see. If they were in serious pain eating habaneros, they will be suffering with ghosts.

My jalapenos have always been hotter than grocery store seranos in the past, I wonder what they will be like this year. They all have been outside... I may burn my house down eating one. :D
Evo
Jul15-13, 04:28 PM
Mentor
P: 26,550
Quote Quote by Ms Music View Post
I finally have 3 ghosts pods growing. The plants are still tiny (only 8 inches high) so I was very surprised to see those mean looking little beasts hiding under the leaves. My daughter insists all three are going to her boyfriend and his best friend, but we shall see. If they were in serious pain eating habaneros, they will be suffering with ghosts.

My jalapenos have always been hotter than grocery store seranos in the past, I wonder what they will be like this year. They all have been outside... I may burn my house down eating one. :D
Wow, you got lucky!! My plants were almost a year old before I managed to get any to set, but to be honest it was a very bad summer, hardly anything set until fall, then got killed by an early frost. I only got two peppers, which I dried and are kept in a place of honor.
Ms Music
Jul15-13, 05:01 PM
These are actually 2 year old plants. I planted the seeds in January 2012. My jalapeno I bought at the store in 2010. I overwinter them inside, then place them outside when it gets warm. Which is like last week.
D H
Dec28-13, 09:33 PM
Mentor
P: 15,167
We had a farewell dinner to my son at his favorite local restaurant. This restaurant serves a cross between TexMex and NewMex food. They had Hatch green chili sauce today. Hooah! That stuff had a kick.

Register to reply