How electron fluxes affect weather on Earth?

In summary, the conversation was about the correlation between electron fluxes at geostationary orbit and weather on Earth. The individual asking for information tried searching on Google but did not find much relevant material. They then asked for suggestions on where to find more information. Another individual asked for clarification on the correlation between geostationary orbits and electron fluxes. A link to a website with records of electron fluxes was shared, but the individual was still looking for more information. They were then directed to search for "Space Weather" on Google and provided with a Wikipedia article. They also asked if there were any recommended forums for space weather.
junk0
I would like to know more about how the electron fluxes at geostationary orbit effects weather on Earth, I try google, but not much good materials directly related to this topic.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Physics news on Phys.org
What do geostationary orbits have to do with electron fluxes? I'm really asking, as I've never heard of a correlation between the two.

Drakkith said:
What do geostationary orbits have to do with electron fluxes? I'm really asking, as I've never heard of a correlation between the two.

Referring to following link, it shows the records for electron fluxes from ACE Satellite.
I ready don't know much about it, and would like to know more, but there are not much materials on internet. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks you very much for any suggestions

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ftpdir/lists/ace/ace_epam_5m.txt

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks you very much for suggestions

Does anyone have any suggested forum for space weather?
Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions

1. How do electron fluxes affect the Earth's weather?

Electron fluxes, or streams of charged particles from the Sun, have a direct impact on the Earth's weather patterns. These particles interact with the Earth's magnetic field and atmosphere, causing changes in temperature, wind patterns, and precipitation.

2. What role do electrons play in the formation of storms and hurricanes?

Electron fluxes can trigger the formation of storms and hurricanes by disrupting the Earth's ionosphere and creating regions of unstable air. This can lead to the development of thunderstorms and other severe weather events.

3. Can electron fluxes cause changes in the Earth's climate?

While electron fluxes do not directly cause changes in the Earth's climate, they can contribute to variability in weather patterns and may play a role in long-term climate trends. Scientists are still studying the exact relationship between electron fluxes and climate change.

4. How does the Earth's magnetic field protect us from electron fluxes?

The Earth's magnetic field acts as a shield against electron fluxes, deflecting the charged particles and preventing them from reaching the Earth's surface. However, during severe solar storms, the magnetic field can weaken, allowing more particles to enter the atmosphere.

5. Are there any potential dangers associated with electron fluxes?

While electron fluxes can have significant impacts on the Earth's weather and climate, they also have the potential to disrupt satellite and communication systems, and even pose a danger to astronauts in space. Scientists continue to study and monitor electron fluxes to better understand their effects and mitigate any potential risks.