Register to reply

Bending Stresses on Male Component in Tapered/Interference Fits

by whistleboy
Tags: bending, fit, interference, stress, taper
Share this thread:
whistleboy
Nov19-12, 02:11 PM
P: 1
I'm looking for some help understanding bending stresses and stress concentrations in Morse Tapers (or any press-fit or interference-fit geometry). Specifically, I'm trying to understand the influence of a slot (and orientation of the slot) in the female component of a Morse Taper on the stresses developed in the male component when the male component is subject to lateral bending. I'm trying to find a relatively simple way to express the stresses acting on the male component mathematically as well as determine WHERE the maximum stresses would develop on the male component within the taper junction. Thank you so much!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New model helps explain how provisions promote or reduce wildlife disease
Stress can make hard-working mongooses less likely to help in the future
Grammatical habits in written English reveal linguistic features of non-native speakers' languages

Register to reply