Lame Jokes

by quddusaliquddus
Tags: jokes, lame
Lancelot59
Nov13-12, 01:21 PM
P: 668
Quote Quote by FreeMitya View Post
Some people like observational humour, I prefer obfuscational humour. (Yes, I made up a word.)
It's not made up at all. In fact there are whole competitions based around it:

http://www.ioccc.org/
Psyguy22
Nov13-12, 03:00 PM
P: 60
When does the Chinese guy go to the dentist?
Tooth hurty! (2:30)
fuzzyfelt
Nov17-12, 05:19 PM
PF Gold
P: 742
It would be nicer if hedgehogs shared hedges.
Rooted
Nov18-12, 12:54 PM
P: 67
A man takes his Rottweiller to the vet. 'My dog is cross-eyed, is there anything you can do for him?'
'Well,' says the vet, 'let's have a look at him.' and he picks up the dog and examines his eyes, then he checks his teeth. Finally, he says, 'I'm going to have to put him down.'
'What?... because he's cross-eyed?'
'No, because he's really, really, heavy'
Ibix
Nov18-12, 02:04 PM
P: 372
Did you here the joke about the cow that swallowed dynamite? It's abominable.
Jimmy Snyder
Nov20-12, 07:32 PM
P: 2,163
A fish monger had a beautiful and expensive sign made saying "Fresh fish sold here" to hang in front of his shop. However, one of his customers pointed out that the word 'here' is unnecessary since the fish monger didn't sell them anywhere else. So he painted over that word. Afterwards, another customer told him that the sign needn't say 'sold' since no fish store gives fish away for free. So he painted over that word. Then someone said there was no need to say 'fresh' since no one wants to buy any other kind of fish anyway and he painted over that word. Later another said that the word 'fish' was redundant since anyone could smell the store from a block away and know what was sold there. So he painted over the last word.
fuzzyfelt
Nov21-12, 09:01 AM
PF Gold
P: 742
^
Sweet.

Andre
Nov21-12, 09:12 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,450
Quote Quote by fuzzyfelt View Post
jedishrfu
Nov21-12, 09:34 AM
P: 2,482
Article VII of the US Military Code of Conduct:

A General of any rank should no longer take direction from his Privates.
Ivan Seeking
Nov21-12, 10:13 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493
Spoiler warning. This is used in the new movie. Lincoln.

Lincoln told a story of Ethan Allen, an American Revolution war hero who went to Britain after the war. (And who oddly enough has a furniture company named after him.) After he arrived, the British, still upset about having lost the war, put their minds together and came up with a plot to try to embarrass Allen by putting a large portrait of George Washington in the only outhouse where he might encounter it. They had hoped Allen would be upset about the indignity of George Washington being in an outhouse. That night, after dinner and conversation, Allen made his way out, candle in hand, and did his business. He came back in as high of spirits as ever.

“Didn’t you see George Washington in there?!” they said.

“Oh yes,” said Allen. “Perfectly appropriate place for him”

“What do you mean?” They said.

“Well,” he said, “there is nothing to make an Englishman sht faster than the sight of General George Washington.
http://americainshort.com/2009/01/22...from-illinois/
Ibix
Nov21-12, 10:48 AM
Quote Quote by fuzzyfelt View Post
^
Sweet.

If an infinite number of hillbillies fire an infinite number of shotgun shells at a roadsign of infinite area, will they eventually spell out the complete works of Shakespeare in braille?
Ivan Seeking
Nov22-12, 12:00 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493
Sad to say that there are still areas in the NE that don't have power after the big storm. But for some reason only Amish communities are affected.
Jimmy Snyder
Nov22-12, 02:48 PM
P: 2,163
Adam told a joke, but Eve didn't laugh. She said that's the oldest joke in the world.
jtbell
Nov23-12, 01:46 AM
Mentor
P: 11,239
Quote Quote by Jimmy Snyder View Post
She said that's the oldest joke in the world.
I bet she also said that only guys laugh at jokes like that, anyway.
IMP
Nov23-12, 04:10 PM
P: 71
If H2O is inside a fire hydrant, what is on the outside?

K9P
Ibix
Nov27-12, 03:46 PM
I accidentally used a lame maths joke in conversation today. Of a colleague, who is a really nice guy but sometimes a little peculiar, I said: "I think he's a bit odd, but he probably thinks I'm a bit odd. I guess that makes us even". Then, realising what I'd said, I added "...if you add us together".

Everybody looked at me funny.
I like Serena
Nov27-12, 04:21 PM
HW Helper
P: 6,189
Quote Quote by Ibix View Post
I accidentally used a lame maths joke in conversation today. Of a colleague, who is a really nice guy but sometimes a little peculiar, I said: "I think he's a bit odd, but he probably thinks I'm a bit odd. I guess that makes us even". Then, realising what I'd said, I added "...if you add us together".

Everybody looked at me funny.
Borek
Nov27-12, 04:44 PM
Admin
P: 22,691
Junior is buying a new TV set for his flat, and he ordered it through the web. We were chatting at the time and he said something like "the site has colors that were so irritating my eyes exploded after I put the order". So I told him "Cancel the order, you won't need TV now".

Register to reply