PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
seaofghosts
Nov24-12, 12:56 AM
P: 79
I adore Family Guy, it's so good... but I feel like American Dad is just the leftover jokes from Family Guy that weren't good enough, so I don't watch it. Same with the Cleveland Show
Yayfordoritos
Nov24-12, 01:12 AM
P: 16
Quote Quote by seaofghosts View Post
I adore Family Guy, it's so good... but I feel like American Dad is just the leftover jokes from Family Guy that weren't good enough, so I don't watch it. Same with the Cleveland Show
Really? I think American Dad is better than Family guy. I agree about the Cleveland Show, that just sucks.
turbo
Nov24-12, 04:13 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
I don't watch TV. The news and maybe Nature, but no network programming. They are racing for the bottom in style and content.
ImaLooser
Nov24-12, 04:19 AM
P: 571
Quote Quote by nazarbaz View Post
Let's be honest...There's no such things as "truth" in a matter of political choice : only systems of means before sets of goals... Strategies lost in the dark when it comes to freedom and morality...
So you're post-truth. Cool.
ImaLooser
Nov24-12, 04:20 AM
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
I go to Al-Jazeera when I want the news.

Puts the whole Palestine vs. Israel blip into totally different perspective, IMHO.

Has anyone looked at the whole world on Google Earth, and tried to find Israel?

It's not even the size of a fly poop.
So all those world maps are propaganda? I should have known...
ImaLooser
Nov24-12, 04:28 AM
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
The worst part is that many young people don't know any different now. They don't even remember the days before the news-for-ratings game started.
At the 1945 German surrender there were boys as young as 14 in the army. They were convinced Nazis. Why shouldn't they be? They had never heard anything else. The Nazis would persuade kids to turn in their own parents if said parents tried to teach their children anything different. If you completely control the sources of information you can get people to believe anything.
Andre
Nov24-12, 04:38 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,450
Quote Quote by ImaLooser View Post
At the 1945 German surrender there were boys as young as 14 in the army. They were convinced Nazis. Why shouldn't they be? They had never heard anything else. The Nazis would persuade kids to turn in their own parents if said parents tried to teach their children anything different. If you completely control the sources of information you can get people to believe anything.
Notice that this 'brainwashing' seems also to be a common denominator for the "French Revolution, Marxism, Bolshevism,"... Nazism and end of time - millenium cults.
AnTiFreeze3
Nov24-12, 01:22 PM
P: 245
Quote Quote by Andre View Post
Notice that this 'brainwashing' seems also to be a common denominator for the "French Revolution, Marxism, Bolshevism,"... Nazism and end of time - millenium cults.
Marxism wasn't horrible in and of itself, but those who chose to implement it certainly weren't above using excessive propaganda.
Evo
Nov24-12, 01:27 PM
Mentor
P: 25,939
Random thoughts are supposed to be mostly single thoughts not meant to start discussions, although lighthearted responses are allowed.

The past few posts are not suitable for the purpose of this thread.
AnTiFreeze3
Nov24-12, 01:33 PM
P: 245
Cheese.
Evo
Nov24-12, 01:36 PM
Mentor
P: 25,939
Quote Quote by AnTiFreeze3 View Post
Cheese.
Much better.
Borek
Nov24-12, 01:53 PM
Admin
P: 22,673
That was cheesy.
seaofghosts
Nov24-12, 01:59 PM
P: 79
I want a puppy.
Astronuc
Nov24-12, 02:10 PM
Admin
P: 21,634
Bill Bradley on the failure of the media to inform the public.
Quote Quote by Bill Bradley
The losers here are the people, who would like to know: What happened in the city council meeting? Or in the congressional committee room? How was the money for schools spent? How did that special-interest tax break make it into the tax code? Who agreed to the pensions that bankrupted our town? What did corporation X do for the ten thousand workers it just fired? How will the latest technological innovation affect jobs? These are the kinds of questions that rarely get answered, at least on television. If people in power are not held responsible for what they do, it will be easier for them to abuse that power.
Ref: http://www.billbradley.com/assets/PD...-Chapter-1.pdf

from http://www.billbradley.com/books/we-can-all-do-better/
OmCheeto
Nov24-12, 02:20 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,370
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Random thoughts are supposed to be mostly single thoughts not meant to start discussions, although lighthearted responses are allowed.

The past few posts are not suitable for the purpose of this thread.
I was going to go out and take pictures of the myriad types of life in my backyard, and post them. Should they go here, the great outdoors, or the biology forum? (They are very pretty, and interesting, and I have many comments and questions about them)

After looking at all of the lifeforms, I looked up at the outside of my house and saw a poster. I decided it would make a good finale:

But then I looked in my fridge, and was reminded of a turkey, that sacrificed its life...

But then I thought about a promise that I made yesterday, about how to cook a turkey with the waste heat of a pair of PC's, but decided I didn't know how to do differential equations anymore.

I am a failure...

But I have ADD, and should go shopping.

I need a new camera.

Gads. Life is beautiful.

Oh look! There are two nice young men in clean white coats at my front door. I wonder what they want?

OmCheeto
Nov24-12, 02:31 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,370
ps. I hope my truck starts.
Andre
Nov24-12, 02:50 PM
PF Gold
P: 5,450
Dang, my apologies

Anyway, not to derail the thread where this is coming from:

Quote Quote by seaofghosts View Post
12/21/12 falls on my parents' anniversary. I've always found this hilarious.
One day later for my parents and that would be their 60th

This picture was on the announcement. It was made at a wedding last August

Borek
Nov24-12, 04:56 PM
Admin
P: 22,673
Technically I am an orphan.

Register to reply