Do women really look at a man's shoes?

by gravenewworld
Tags: shoes, women
Share this thread:
gravenewworld
Nov24-12, 05:55 PM
P: 1,408
If so, what do they garner by them?

Today I bought my very first pair of very fine shoes. Hopefully they'll last a loooong time. I'm also just wondering if what they say is true, do mothers really tell their daughters to check out a man's shoes?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
Evo
Nov24-12, 06:05 PM
Mentor
P: 26,557
Quote Quote by gravenewworld View Post
If so, what do they garner by them?

Today I bought my very first pair of very fine shoes. Hopefully they'll last a loooong time. I'm also just wondering if what they say is true, do mothers really tell their daughters to check out a man's shoes?
Normal women, no. Superficial women, I've known golddiggers that judge men by their shoes.
Borg
Nov24-12, 06:35 PM
PF Gold
P: 771
My wife checked out my shoes. She married me anyway.

KiwiKid
Nov24-12, 06:36 PM
P: 52

Quote Quote by gravenewworld View Post
do mothers really tell their daughters to check out a man's shoes?
*looks at his own shoes* ...I certainly hope not.
Monique
Nov25-12, 01:58 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Normal women, no. Superficial women, I've known golddiggers that judge men by their shoes.
I like to see a man that wears nice shoes, I don't consciously look at it though. A man that wears ugly white sportshoes all day long would put me off, it's a first impression thing.
Containment
Nov25-12, 02:05 AM
P: 18
Well if it's something you buy 20 pairs of a year you probably are an expert on the subject :)
Adyssa
Nov25-12, 02:46 AM
P: 188
You can't have fun in nice shoes!
zoobyshoe
Nov25-12, 06:59 AM
P: 5,630
Women pay attention to a man's whole wardrobe, not just the shoes.
arildno
Nov25-12, 07:11 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 12,016
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe View Post
Women pay attention to a man's whole wardrobe, not just the shoes.
From what I've heard, men in general couldn't care less about what women wear at all. That's why women are the superficial ones, men only cares about what lies beneath.
Borek
Nov25-12, 07:54 AM
Admin
P: 23,594
Only the shy ones.
Jimmy Snyder
Nov25-12, 08:12 AM
P: 2,179
Quote Quote by arildno View Post
From what I've heard, men in general couldn't care less about what women wear at all. That's why women are the superficial ones, men only cares about what lies beneath.
This describes me to a T. I don't care what a woman wears, I only care about what lies beneath.
julcab12
Nov25-12, 08:23 AM
P: 153
Well. Downright intimidating women (head-shoes-head) while shy type (shoes-head-shoes). Both' stare in the middle. Goes with guys also... Don't ask me why. "Head scratch"
OMGCarlos
Nov25-12, 09:30 AM
P: 28
@julcab12 lol interested, never thought about it like that.

Last summer I went outside to get grab something out of my car wearing my roommates pink flip flops with a flower on them. I figured I only have to walk ten feet down the hall, down three flights of stairs, and it's in the middle of the day so everyone is at work. Naturally a girl who lived in the first floor happened to be doing the same and sees the flowers.

She said "Nice flip flops?".

We're still dating.
julcab12
Nov25-12, 11:21 AM
P: 153
Quote Quote by OMGCarlos View Post
@julcab12 lol interested, never thought about it like that.

Last summer I went outside to get grab something out of my car wearing my roommates pink flip flops with a flower on them. I figured I only have to walk ten feet down the hall, down three flights of stairs, and it's in the middle of the day so everyone is at work. Naturally a girl who lived in the first floor happened to be doing the same and sees the flowers.

She said "Nice flip flops?".

We're still dating.
And chicks dig that!?... I..^^
zoobyshoe
Nov25-12, 12:11 PM
P: 5,630
Quote Quote by arildno View Post
Yes, men are profound that way.
Lisa!
Nov25-12, 12:23 PM
PF Gold
P: 973
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Shy women also look at a man's shoes!
turbo
Nov25-12, 12:24 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
In college, if I wasn't wearing nice broken-in running shoes, I was wearing broken-in work boots. One variation was when I was playing music, and I often wore cowboy boots. They were so comfortable to stand in - not so much for walking, though. If women were looking at my shoes, I probably got down-graded regularly by the shallow ones. That's OK.
BhutJolokia
Nov27-12, 02:30 PM
P: 16
I'm okay with any woman willing to judge me by my shoes keeping herself out of my life.

Register to reply