Register to reply

Computational Physics Machine Problem

by jhosamelly
Tags: computational, machine, physics
Share this thread:
jhosamelly
Nov26-12, 06:59 AM
P: 126
We need to think of a machine problem which we are going to simulate and solve using fortran programming. Can someone please give me an idea on what machine problem to do? Something easy please coz I dont really have much idea about programming. I only know the basics. Thanks :)
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
berkeman
Nov26-12, 11:18 AM
Mentor
P: 40,717
Quote Quote by jhosamelly View Post
We need to think of a machine problem which we are going to simulate and solve using fortran programming. Can someone please give me an idea on what machine problem to do? Something easy please coz I dont really have much idea about programming. I only know the basics. Thanks :)
What kind of machine? Can you please give us the whole text of the assignment?
jhosamelly
Nov26-12, 10:41 PM
A problem which we can solve using the numerical methods we've studied. (Derivatives, Integrations, Interpolations.. etc) We will make a program for that problem.

berkeman
Nov26-12, 11:03 PM
Mentor
Computational Physics Machine Problem

A problem which we can solve using the numerical methods we've studied. (Derivatives, Integrations, Interpolations.. etc) We will make a program for that problem.
That's still not a very helpful reply, IMO. Can you just simulate a playground see-saw? that's a simple machine...

Or should you simulate a robotic arm, with position feedback and optimized movement through servo motors and position sensors? You need to be much more specific please...
jhosamelly
Nov27-12, 11:18 PM
Well, what I'm saying is this. We need to make a machine-language programming problem. We will also solve this problem using fortran.

Something like this https://wiki.engr.illinois.edu/displ...hine+Problem+1 but more on the topics in Physics.
berkeman
Nov27-12, 11:42 PM
Mentor
Well, what I'm saying is this. We need to make a machine-language programming problem. We will also solve this problem using fortran.

Something like this https://wiki.engr.illinois.edu/displ...hine+Problem+1 but more on the topics in Physics.
Can you please define "machine-language"? It has a meaning in a programming context, but I get the feeling that you are asking a mechanical engineering machine simulation question.

The assignment in your link is a simple programming problem, and doesn't involve any mechanical machine context. Can you post the full text of your exact assignment?

Register to reply