Computational Physics Machine Problem

by jhosamelly
Tags: computational, machine, physics
jhosamelly
Nov26-12, 06:59 AM
P: 126
We need to think of a machine problem which we are going to simulate and solve using fortran programming. Can someone please give me an idea on what machine problem to do? Something easy please coz I dont really have much idea about programming. I only know the basics. Thanks :)
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
berkeman
Nov26-12, 11:18 AM
Mentor
P: 39,720
Quote Quote by jhosamelly View Post
We need to think of a machine problem which we are going to simulate and solve using fortran programming. Can someone please give me an idea on what machine problem to do? Something easy please coz I dont really have much idea about programming. I only know the basics. Thanks :)
What kind of machine? Can you please give us the whole text of the assignment?
jhosamelly
Nov26-12, 10:41 PM
A problem which we can solve using the numerical methods we've studied. (Derivatives, Integrations, Interpolations.. etc) We will make a program for that problem.

berkeman
Nov26-12, 11:03 PM
Mentor

Computational Physics Machine Problem

A problem which we can solve using the numerical methods we've studied. (Derivatives, Integrations, Interpolations.. etc) We will make a program for that problem.
That's still not a very helpful reply, IMO. Can you just simulate a playground see-saw? that's a simple machine...

Or should you simulate a robotic arm, with position feedback and optimized movement through servo motors and position sensors? You need to be much more specific please...
jhosamelly
Nov27-12, 11:18 PM
Well, what I'm saying is this. We need to make a machine-language programming problem. We will also solve this problem using fortran.

Something like this https://wiki.engr.illinois.edu/displ...hine+Problem+1 but more on the topics in Physics.
berkeman
Nov27-12, 11:42 PM
Mentor
Well, what I'm saying is this. We need to make a machine-language programming problem. We will also solve this problem using fortran.

Something like this https://wiki.engr.illinois.edu/displ...hine+Problem+1 but more on the topics in Physics.
Can you please define "machine-language"? It has a meaning in a programming context, but I get the feeling that you are asking a mechanical engineering machine simulation question.

The assignment in your link is a simple programming problem, and doesn't involve any mechanical machine context. Can you post the full text of your exact assignment?

Register to reply