Register to reply

PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
Share this thread:
fadedblack
Nov27-12, 09:29 AM
P: n/a
I'm new to this forum, and forums in general. Nice to meet you all!
dkotschessaa
Nov27-12, 11:32 AM
P: 576
Quote Quote by fadedblack View Post
I'm new to this forum, and forums in general. Nice to meet you all!
Welcome to this forum and to forums in general.

Have a pi

I like forums.

-Dave K
Kholdstare
Nov27-12, 01:19 PM
P: 390
dkotschessaa
Nov27-12, 02:03 PM
I had no idea that actually paying attention to Kung Fu Panda was such a necessary prerequisite in watching it's sequel, Kung Fu Panda II. (It's a sick day, ok?)

-Dave K
sniffle
OmCheeto
Nov27-12, 08:28 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,420
Watching Princess Bride at the moment.
dlgoff
Nov27-12, 08:51 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,701
College Basketball. Yes!
drizzle
Nov27-12, 08:54 PM
PF Gold
P: 525
This ulcer just loves me!!
OmCheeto
Nov27-12, 09:07 PM
PF Gold
Wallace Shawn was in one of my favorite movies!:

My dinner with Andre

And he's only been in two movies!

But I was young then.

Ah!

A rodent of unusual size!
edward
Nov27-12, 09:35 PM
PF Gold
P: 873
The first first ten seconds of this clip shows JFK presenting an award to poet Robert Frost. There is no sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEzlE6XSR0M

The other night. I was watching a televised class from the local J.C. (it beats infomercials at 2:00 am)It showed more of the clip and with sound.

In the clip that was shown on television JFK asked Frost if he had been a good democrat all of his life. Frost stepped to the microphone and said: "Yes I have been a good democrat all of my life. However I have been a bit unhappy since 1896"

OMG this isn't random is it.
Evo
Nov27-12, 10:08 PM
Mentor
P: 26,424
One of the stupidest things I've heard "I need to win this money ($10K) because I want to get married and we can't get married until we can afford the rings". WHAT? You need an expensive diamond ring to get married?
zoobyshoe
Nov27-12, 10:40 PM
P: 5,625
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
Wallace Shawn was in one of my favorite movies!:

My dinner with Andre

And he's only been in two movies!
More like 50 movies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_Shawn
turbo
Nov27-12, 10:41 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
One of the stupidest things I've heard "I need to win this money ($10K) because I want to get married and we can't get married until we can afford the rings". WHAT? You need an expensive diamond ring to get married?
My wife and I got married in our rented apartment with our best friends as witnesses. We were all wearing T-shirts and jeans. The only person who was dressed up was the JOP, who was a common friend. She wore a skirt-suit. Our biggest expense might have been the cheap sparkling wine that we toasted with (think Cold Duck). Our parents insisted that we have a "real" reception when they found out. It wasn't that much fun. We rode it out, but the cheap wedding and little party after was a lot more comfortable.
OmCheeto
Nov28-12, 08:52 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe View Post

Hmmm.. You are correct. But I've never seen his 48 other movies.
dkotschessaa
Nov28-12, 09:08 AM
Flu day 2. I'm PFing like mad today. Pardon me if my ubiquitousness is annoying. I am distracting myself from the misery.
lisab
Nov28-12, 09:24 AM
Mentor
P: 2,974
Quote Quote by edward View Post
The first first ten seconds of this clip shows JFK presenting an award to poet Robert Frost. There is no sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEzlE6XSR0M

The other night. I was watching a televised class from the local J.C. (it beats infomercials at 2:00 am)It showed more of the clip and with sound.

In the clip that was shown on television JFK asked Frost if he had been a good democrat all of his life. Frost stepped to the microphone and said: "Yes I have been a good democrat all of my life. However I have been a bit unhappy since 1896"

OMG this isn't random is it.
I was just thinking about Robert Frost the other day! I was walking through a forest and his beautiful poem came back to me from years ago:

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other soundís the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
...only it wasn't snowing on my walk
Evo
Nov28-12, 12:45 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by dkotschessaa View Post
Flu day 2. I'm PFing like mad today. Pardon me if my ubiquitousness is annoying. I am distracting myself from the misery.
You didn't get a flu shot?
dkotschessaa
Nov28-12, 01:09 PM
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
You didn't get a flu shot?
Haven't had one in years. I actually get pretty ill from the shots, so I'd rather risk the real thing. Been fine for about 5 years so on average I'm good.
Evo
Nov28-12, 01:40 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by dkotschessaa View Post
Haven't had one in years. I actually get pretty ill from the shots, so I'd rather risk the real thing. Been fine for about 5 years so on average I'm good.
It's odd to get sick from the vaccine since the virus itself is dead, are you allergic to eggs or latex? That seems to be the ingredients that people have reactions to.

This is the flu myth most likely to drive experts bonkers. “There is simply no way that the flu vaccine can give you the flu,” says Hay. “It’s impossible.”

Why? For one, injected flu vaccines only contain dead virus, and a dead virus is, well, dead: it can’t infect you. There is one type of live virus flu vaccine, the nasal vaccine, FluMist. But in this case, the virus is specially engineered to remove the parts of the virus that make people sick.

Despite the scientific impossibility of getting the flu from the flu vaccines, this widespread flu myth won’t die. Experts suspect two reasons for its persistence. One, people mistake the side effects of the vaccine for flu. While side effects to the vaccine these days tend to be a sore arm, in the past, side effects often felt like mild symptoms of the flu. Two, flu season coincides with a time of year when bugs causing colds and other respiratory illnesses are in the air. Many people get the vaccine and then, within a few days, get sick with an unrelated cold virus. However, they blame the innocent flu vaccine, rather than their co-worker with a runny nose and cough.
http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/fe...p-13-flu-myths

Register to reply