PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
OmCheeto
Dec4-12, 10:29 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,369
Quote Quote by AnTiFreeze3 View Post
Om, wait until the scene where they're intentionally trying to get pulled over by a cop..... great movie.
Sorry!!!!

Had to go home.

One of these days, I'll watch all these movies....

trueo
Dec4-12, 10:38 PM
P: 18
I'll capture it tonight.
drizzle
Dec4-12, 10:48 PM
PF Gold
P: 521
Quote Quote by trueo View Post
I'll capture it tonight.
The mosquito?
trueo
Dec4-12, 11:24 PM
hjhj No the Bridesmaids
Borek
Dec5-12, 02:02 AM
Admin
P: 22,671
I'll capture it tonight.
hjhj No the Bridesmaids
You mean you will steal it tonight.
trueo
Dec5-12, 03:04 AM
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
You mean you will steal it tonight.
Stealing is not allowed. Police will knock the door one day.
dkotschessaa
Dec5-12, 10:51 AM
P: 520
Quote Quote by trollcast View Post
How many lego bricks does it take to crush a lego brick?

Around 375'000 of them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20578627

Can Lego company create a lego so strong that no stack of legos will crush it?
AlephZero
Dec5-12, 05:28 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 6,344
Maybe Turbo should try this and get Duke earning his keep.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20614593
Jimmy Snyder
Dec5-12, 05:35 PM
P: 2,163
Quote Quote by dkotschessaa View Post
Can Lego company create a lego so strong that no stack of legos will crush it?
Can they create a lego so heavy that it will crush any other lego and a lego so strong that no other legos can crush it?
jim mcnamara
Dec5-12, 06:08 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 1,355
Can we lego of the whole idea?
turbo
Dec5-12, 06:19 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
I have never had an Eggo. Don't care, really.
turbo
Dec5-12, 07:17 PM
PF Gold
This day has not been really fun. I called sales representatives at the state's biggest Subaru dealerships and told them what I wanted quoted and how I wanted it quoted, including "price out the door" totals. Since then, I have gotten whiny follow-ups, saying things like "I could have beaten them by $700", and when I pointed out that I told them that I had solicited bids from the big three, they claimed not to have known that up-front. I'm so sick of dealing with crooks and liars. I was in sales for a lot of years, and one thing that helped me steal accounts from my competitors was that I would never lie to a client.

Apparently auto-sales functionaries didn't get the memo.
Evo
Dec5-12, 07:26 PM
Mentor
P: 25,928
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
This day has not been really fun. I called sales representatives at the state's biggest Subaru dealerships and told them what I wanted quoted and how I wanted it quoted, including "price out the door" totals. Since then, I have gotten whiny follow-ups, saying things like "I could have beaten them by $700", and when I pointed out that I told them that I had solicited bids from the big three, they claimed not to have known that up-front. I'm so sick of dealing with crooks and liars. I was in sales for a lot of years, and one thing that helped me steal accounts from my competitors was that I would never lie to a client.

Maybe what you wanted was as unclear as this post?
turbo
Dec5-12, 07:36 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Maybe what you wanted was as unclear as this post?
I was as specific as could be. Vehicle, trim level, studded snows instead of summer tires, etc.

The quotes didn't range too far, but when you have dealerships moving so many of these vehicles, they know exactly what their competitors are offering. The moaning and wailing after the fact was unnecessary.

If you go to a Subaru dealership site, the phone-menu stuff is identical, and the stock images and "details" are identical. The only difference is the "spin" by the sales-staff. I spent at least 1/2 hour on the phone with each of the sales representatives when soliciting their quotes, so they got fair shrift.
Evo
Dec5-12, 07:51 PM
Mentor
P: 25,928
I was as specific as could be. Vehicle, trim level, studded snows instead of summer tires, etc.

The quotes didn't range too far, but when you have dealerships moving so many of these vehicles, they know exactly what their competitors are offering. The moaning and wailing after the fact was unnecessary.

If you go to a Subaru dealership site, the phone-menu stuff is identical, and the stock images and "details" are identical. The only difference is the "spin" by the sales-staff. I spent at least 1/2 hour on the phone with each of the sales representatives when soliciting their quotes, so they got fair shrift.
So, what is your problem, because I don't see one.

Did they all refuse to sell you a car?
Drakkith
Dec5-12, 09:27 PM
PF Gold
P: 11,030

What do you mean you wanted it "quoted"?
turbo
Dec6-12, 01:28 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Drakkith View Post
What do you mean you wanted it "quoted"?
I gave each salesperson the same short laundry-list of specifics in order to keep the playing-field level. All I was asking for was their best price for the vehicle that I was looking for. That's what a price quote is.

These dealerships move at least a dozen or so Foresters each every month, so there is no mystery about what kind of playing-field we were dealing with, nor about the price ranges that their competitors might offer. The "kicker" came in my dealings with the smallest dealership. The salesman said that given current sales volumes, he might not be able to get studded snow tires installed on the Forester by Saturday morning (honesty is nice) but promised that if he couldn't make that happen, he would arrange to get the vehicle delivered to my house (for free) as soon as possible. His quote was a bit lower than the bigger dealerships, but his honesty and flexibility sealed the deal. Free delivery (an hour+ each way) is a pretty nice perk, and an inventive way to seal the deal.
Drakkith
Dec6-12, 05:30 AM
PF Gold
P: 11,030
Ah ok.

Register to reply