Register to reply

Very low FPS in far cry 3

by Kutt
Tags: None
Share this thread:
Kutt
Dec11-12, 02:38 AM
P: 236
I'm probably getting 10-15 fps in Far Cry 3. The game is extremely jittery and barely playable.

I even tried turning down the graphics settings to the lowest possible and I still have the problem.

I have a $3,000 enthusiast gaming PC with multiple graphics cards.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Sapphire talk enlivens guesswork over iPhone 6
Geneticists offer clues to better rice, tomato crops
UConn makes 3-D copies of antique instrument parts
Greg Bernhardt
Dec11-12, 06:55 AM
Admin
P: 9,296
Quote Quote by Kutt View Post
I'm probably getting 10-15 fps in Far Cry 3. The game is extremely jittery and barely playable.

I even tried turning down the graphics settings to the lowest possible and I still have the problem.

I have a $3,000 enthusiast gaming PC with multiple graphics cards.
That is disappointing. Sounds like bad programming. Guess you'll have to wait for a patch or two.
Kutt
Dec11-12, 01:16 PM
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
That is disappointing. Sounds like bad programming. Guess you'll have to wait for a patch or two.
Dual SLI GTX 680's (my PC) should max out this game and still get over 60FPS.

trollcast
Dec11-12, 01:24 PM
PF Gold
P: 291
Very low FPS in far cry 3

Dual SLI GTX 680's (my PC) should max out this game and still get over 60FPS.
Have you tried playing in single gpu mode?

Doing a bit of googling uncovers some issues with farcry 3 and dual gpu set ups.
Kutt
Dec11-12, 03:49 PM
Quote Quote by trollcast View Post
Have you tried playing in single gpu mode?

Doing a bit of googling uncovers some issues with farcry 3 and dual gpu set ups.
Could it be an issue with micro-stuttering?
justsomeguy
Dec11-12, 03:59 PM
P: 166
A friend of mine recently pointed out that some games do better if you turn off "core parking" as well. This is a feature built into modern processors that's similar to the HLT instruction, but per-core, which windows uses to save power when a core has no load.

Some games create workloads that confuse the parking algorithm causing it to turn parking off and on repeatedly for a core, resulting in stuttering.
trollcast
Dec11-12, 04:06 PM
PF Gold
P: 291
Could it be an issue with micro-stuttering?
Looks like it.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...hlight=cry+sli

Probably would be best to read that thread and join up there and ask if any of the solutions posted in there don't help you.
Kutt
Dec11-12, 06:07 PM
This is the worst micro-stuttering and frame skipping problem I have ever experiences in a PC game.

I certainly hope ubisoft is aware of this problem and releases a patch to fix it.

Register to reply