Register to reply

Failing Grades and Masters

by dadrack
Tags: failing, grades, masters
Share this thread:
dadrack
Dec18-12, 08:16 AM
P: 1
I'll keep this short and sweet, for i even manage to fail English and i don't wish to demonstrate it. But during my freshman year, i failed two classes (physics and Humanity, two required courses i may add)

What is my likely hood of still getting that master i always seems to want?

I am retaking those class again of course, they are required
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
Choppy
Dec18-12, 01:24 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 2,723
You can fail a couple of courses and still get into graduate school, but it does put you at a major disadvantage in a competative process. Most of the other applicants will not have failed in their undergraduate work.

You need to figure out WHY you failed and correct the problem if possible. Then do all that much better as you move forward in your studies.
Takuza
Dec19-12, 10:21 AM
P: 40
Similarly I've gotten D's in G-chem 1 and 2, and had to repeat the classes freshmen year/summer between freshmen and sophomore year. I don't know how big an impact this has on anything, but my grades have dramatically improved since.

TMFKAN64
Dec19-12, 12:18 PM
P: 1,084
Failing Grades and Masters

"Dramatic improvement" is the story you want to tell when you have bad grades on your transcript. As Choppy says, you'll be at a competitive disadvantage with *any* bad grades, but as long as you end very strong, you shouldn't have any problem getting in *somewhere*.

Register to reply