Could We Predict It

by zepp0814
Tags: black, darkness, end, holes, universe
zepp0814
Dec18-12, 10:26 AM
P: 28
Hi I was wondering, so if scientist have this idea, it's not a new one, that after the big bang the universe when in to almost like a dark age then when stars where formed they called in the star age. Anyway is it inevitable that the all the stars in the universe will either fade of became black holes. At this point could the universe actually just be receding back to a infinitely small and dense singularity. this would happen because if the universe was filled with black holes they would eventually all clump together. Is this an already accepted idea or is it new, i also could just be crazy
Phys.Org News Partner Space news on Phys.org
Astronomical forensics uncover planetary disks in Hubble archive
Cosmic illusion revealed: Gravitational lens magnifies supernova
Kazakh satellite to be launched into orbit
tensor33
Dec18-12, 10:47 AM
P: 52
Hi Zepp0814! Welcome to the forum.
Yes, that is a common idea about the fate of the universe. It is one of the many hypothesized ways the universe could end.
surajt88
Dec18-12, 01:12 PM
P: 76
The most widely accepted theory of the possible "end of the universe" is the Heat death, but I could be wrong here. As for the universe ending in a black hole singularity, it is referred to as the Big Crunch. For various theories regarding the end of the universe, see Ultimate fate of the universe.

dev70
Dec20-12, 09:49 AM
P: 58

Could We Predict It

[QUOTE=zepp0814;4201375] all the stars in the universe will either fade of became black holes.
hi...not all stars but many..still..its a obvious idea and who knows what is to happen as long as we dont have complete idea about this.
phinds
Dec20-12, 10:34 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,720
[QUOTE=dev70;4203749]
Quote Quote by zepp0814 View Post
all the stars in the universe will either fade of became black holes.
hi...not all stars but many..still..its a obvious idea and who knows what is to happen as long as we dont have complete idea about this.
ALL stars will, following the current expansion of the universe, eventually become either dark and inactive or they will become black holes and eventually evaporate due to Hawking radiation. All of this takes a VERY long time.

What did you think would happen to those stars that you did not feel should be included in the statement?
zepp0814
Jan24-13, 06:18 PM
P: 28
thanks every one for the answer but i have another question. it is on a different topic. so i am hoping that all of you are familiar with the fact that a basic way of finding the distance between two points in 3d space is a^2+b^2+z^2=c^2. anyway i wanted to know in the equation ds^s=dx^2+dz^2+dy^2-(cdt)^2 does this show the distance between two points in in 3-d space including 1 time Dimension or does it show something different.
tensor33
Jan24-13, 06:33 PM
P: 52
Quote Quote by zepp0814 View Post
thanks every one for the answer but i have another question. it is on a different topic. so i am hoping that all of you are familiar with the fact that a basic way of finding the distance between two points in 3d space is a^2+b^2+z^2=c^2. anyway i wanted to know in the equation ds^s=dx^2+dz^2+dy^2-(cdt)^2 does this show the distance between two points in in 3-d space including 1 time Dimension or does it show something different.
It shows the spacetime interval between two points. So ya it's the distance (squared) between two points in 3D space minus the time interval (squared) times the speed of light.
Edit: I forgot to mention that the d's in the equation mean that the lengths are infinitesimal. Infinitesimal lengths are easier to work with because you can use them to derive the metric. [tex]g_{mn}[/tex]

Register to reply