Register to reply

Wrap a wire around a cone [ ]

by Helpls
Tags: cone, urgent, wire, wrap
Share this thread:
Helpls
Dec29-12, 03:40 AM
P: 10
sorry guys, just read this now i already wraped the wire in one of the cones, i m not a expert in maths geometry etc thats why took me so long to figure out the sophiecenta formula :D i will draw some things, to explain what my experiment is about, so u guys that are more smart than me, maybe if interested try out :D

it will take some time cuz i want to write and draw my ideias.
rcgldr
Dec29-12, 08:39 AM
HW Helper
P: 7,048
Quote Quote by rcgldr View Post
I'm not sure why the OP didn't want the spacing between wires to be constant, which would translate into an Archimedean spiral (r = a θ + b) on the opened surface.
I should have stated this as the 3d cone eqivalent of a 2d Archimediean spiral, one with equal spacing between loops of wire. For a 3d cone in spherical coordinates, this tranlates into ρ = a θ , ϕ = constant.

An unrolled cone only forms a partial disk, so I'm not sure it's a good analogy to use.
Helpls
Dec29-12, 04:49 PM
P: 10
i had i new ideia :D we can use the same method of tesla coils use convert an DC to AC and give a bit of electrical charge that the antena needs, and see if it starts to resonate. Then i dont know how convert agian to DC and see how much we get out of it :D
micromass
Dec29-12, 05:19 PM
Mentor
P: 18,069
Locked pending moderation

Register to reply