by protonchain
Tags: random
Share this thread:
OmCheeto
Jan6-13, 03:58 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,420
Quote Quote by Jimmy Snyder View Post
Poor ducks. A crack developed in the ice on the pond and the ducks fell into the frigid water. I tried to rescue them but whenever I got near, they would fly away. I thought they were safe, but when I started to walk away, the bird brains would land right back into the water. What should I do?
Along with steps, life is also a series of choices:

A. Become a contestant in the 2013 Darwin Awards
or
B. Eat a certain Marx Brother's movie.

It is of course, your choice.
HeLiXe
Jan6-13, 04:30 PM
P: 410
Quote Quote by trollcast View Post
Is youtube now giving "related" videos based on the current video as well as your past views?

I've noticed a couple of times the related videos are a bit well unrelated to the previous video. IE. Dayz videos on a how to video and some random music videos on a fishing promotion video.

And both of those times I had watched something related to the random suggestions before it?
Yeah...I think it ties into the whole privacy act thing with google and why they are collecting your info.
HeLiXe
Jan6-13, 04:31 PM
mine has a combination of Neil de Grasse Tyson <3 and trance music
zoobyshoe
Jan6-13, 04:41 PM
P: 5,625
Quote Quote by Jimmy Snyder View Post
Poor ducks. A crack developed in the ice on the pond and the ducks fell into the frigid water. I tried to rescue them but whenever I got near, they would fly away. I thought they were safe, but when I started to walk away, the bird brains would land right back into the water. What should I do?
Dump a few barrels of crude oil into the crack, and the next time they land in the freezing water you'll be able to gather them up and release them onshore.
Bacle2
Jan6-13, 05:54 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,169
Quote Quote by HeLiXe View Post
Yeah...I think it ties into the whole privacy act thing with google and why they are collecting your info.
You can always use something engines like Cuil or DuckDuckgo.com, which (at least claim) not to collect one's personal information.
SHISHKABOB
Jan7-13, 02:29 PM
P: 614
The Adventures of Mark Twain is on Netflix now, watch it if you haven't!

Ivan Seeking
Jan7-13, 07:05 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
Two days ago I was out for an evening with buddies and had several beers followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling very jolly, I still had the sense to know that I may be somewhat over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before -- I took a cab home.

Sure enough, on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past, and I arrived home safely without incident.

I was really surprised because I had never driven a cab before, and I don't know where I got it. But, it's in my garage now and I don't know what to do with it.
HeLiXe
Jan7-13, 08:31 PM
*pictures the probability waving*
OmCheeto
Jan7-13, 08:41 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,420
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
Two days ago I was out for an evening with buddies and had several beers followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling very jolly, I still had the sense to know that I may be somewhat over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before -- I took a cab home.

Sure enough, on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past, and I arrived home safely without incident.

I was really surprised because I had never driven a cab before, and I don't know where I got it. But, it's in my garage now and I don't know what to do with it.

One day Ivan, we shall meet.

Just need to get Integral drunk enough, to point out the mountain, from which you come down from, from time to time, for dinner.

turbo
Jan7-13, 08:47 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
I live on a very large hill. Not a mountain, but bigger that most lumps that I encountered in the deep south. Don't need any flood insurance here, unless most of us are going to die.
Astronuc
Jan7-13, 08:56 PM
Admin
P: 21,808
A millionaire in China who wants to set a good example for her kids wakes up at 3 a.m. six days a week to pick up litter on the street. She believes being humble is integral to being wealthy.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...--finance.html
She may be a millionaire, but Yu Youzhen, a woman from China's Wuchang District who works six days a week as a sanitation worker, believes being humble is integral to being wealthy.

China SMACK reports that Yu Youzhen and her husband had been vegetable farmers who, over the course of many years, rented out spare rooms in their home. They saved enough to build some apartments, only to have their land taken by the government. When they were finally reimbursed, they found themselves rich.

. . . .
zoobyshoe
Jan8-13, 12:15 AM
P: 5,625
Don't drive it to San Diego and park it in some random person's driveway.
Ivan Seeking
Jan8-13, 03:22 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
One day Ivan, we shall meet.
I've been avoiding the strip clubs in Portland to ensure that doesn't happen.
rootX
Jan8-13, 12:22 PM
P: 1,294
It's reaching +50 degrees in Australia and -50 China. What's happening to the world!
AlephZero
Jan8-13, 03:12 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 6,931
Two days ago I was out for an evening with buddies and had several beers followed by some rather nice red wine...
We get fairly regular visits to the UK from US engineers. Once time, they decided to go exploring on their own in the evenng, rather than having us tag along as hosts. They headed off into the country in their hire car, found a nice looking pub, and had a pleasant evening.

Until the driver came out of the pub, unlocked the car, got in, looked confused, and asked his buddies "OK. Somebody stole the steering wheel. Now what do we do?".

He found it after a while - somebody had moved it to the wrong side of the car (or to the right side, depending on how you parse the word "right".)
Kholdstare
Jan8-13, 03:37 PM
P: 390
Was anyone here bitten by a cat? I was bitten and scratched by feral cats twice in my childhood.
Borg
Jan8-13, 04:02 PM
PF Gold
P: 759
With car companies soon to be putting self driving cars on the road, it will only be a matter of time before the first person contests their drunk driving arrest because their car was driving.
trollcast
Jan8-13, 04:26 PM
PF Gold
P: 290
I just worked my way through a programming homework wondering what the heck all the code was actually meant to do only to find a description of the programs and their variables on the last page

Register to reply