by Jow
Tags: world
Share this thread:
Evo
Jan6-13, 03:46 AM
Mentor
P: 26,484
Quote Quote by Jow View Post
Just for fun, imagine that you are God of all creation and you accidentally create a little planet called Earth. Rather then destroy it you let it live, because you are a merciful God. When you come back, approximately 4 billion years later, you find that a species that call themselves humans have populated it. These are annoying, pestilent creatures and you decide to do away with them for the good of the universe. How would you kill the human race?
You created them, just wave your hand and *poof* they're gone. Now the world can start healing from the man made destruction. If you're really a God, reverse everything they've done from the beginning and really fix things.
Lacy33
Jan6-13, 05:12 AM
P: 335
Play Rod Stewart until the earth blew itself up like a suicide bomber.
Curious3141
Jan6-13, 05:14 AM
HW Helper
P: 2,943
Jow, the fact that you began this thread means you might want to take a look into that "Narcissistic Quiz" thread on the same page.

We meek mortals live in thrall of the excitement to see what a living god will score.
Curious3141
Jan6-13, 05:15 AM
HW Helper
P: 2,943
Quote Quote by jhae2.718 View Post
Not with a bang, but a whimper.
But I'll make sure I do a lot of banging before ending things.

No, I'm not talking about Mjölnir (Thor's Hammer) when I say "banging".
Jimmy Snyder
Jan6-13, 05:38 AM
P: 2,179
dddd
ImaLooser
Jan6-13, 05:53 AM
P: 570
Just for fun, imagine that you are God of all creation and you accidentally create a little planet called Earth. Rather then destroy it you let it live, because you are a merciful God. When you come back, approximately 4 billion years later, you find that a species that call themselves humans have populated it. These are annoying, pestilent creatures and you decide to do away with them for the good of the universe. How would you kill the human race?
Create a free energy device that converts water to a more stable substance. Eventually there is no water.

The fun part is when the human race realizes that the device will eventually kill them all but they keep using it anyway because that's what they're used to.
Kholdstare
Jan6-13, 08:16 AM
P: 390
I'd just grab the earth, bring it to the Sun and merge with it. Good riddance of all present and future problems.
SecretSnow
Jan6-13, 10:25 AM
P: 65
Lol I would play squeeze earth like a ball and use it to play basketball...
256bits
Jan6-13, 10:44 AM
P: 1,425
Have the humans invent a mind numbing visual machine so mindless yet captivating that all humans will gaze into it for hours on end and forget to do normal activities necessary for the continuation of the species.
Oh sorry. HE has already tried that and failed.
csnoob
Jan7-13, 09:36 PM
P: 5
I'd turn off electricity and combustion and throw out like four Cthulhus and a pack of Fenri. After things started getting hairy for humanity, I'd conjure up a Justice League of America just to keep things going, but I'd probably get bored after a while and go have sex with my army of supermodels and eventually Superman would get the W.
Containment
Jan7-13, 10:45 PM
P: 18
Honestly I'd just wait for some cosmological event in the heavens to wipe them out like a giant solar flare or supernova and then just take credit for it. That or I would slowly raise the earths temp over the course of a few hundred years that way like the frog in a pot they never suspect a thing.
bp_psy
Jan8-13, 04:53 AM
P: 452
Quote Quote by Kholdstare View Post
I'd just grab the earth, bring it to the Sun and merge with it. Good riddance of all present and future problems.
Wouldn't you get your hand burned or something?
julcab12
Jan8-13, 05:34 AM
P: 151
Hehe. If i were a god i should also consider all possible 'predictions' including all emergent factors(brains and consciousness--every knots and bolts--'everything') not just the physics. Why would i kill something that i knew all along. I rather make fun of them; Like make the universe homogeneous and slightly tweak it, put 'darky' in the mix, that will keep my creation @ bay. (ancient alien guys would be very proud)..
Kholdstare
Jan8-13, 09:41 AM
Quote Quote by bp_psy View Post
Wouldn't you get your hand burned or something?
Did not you read the first post? I am the God.
Kholdstare
Jan8-13, 09:51 AM
Quote Quote by julcab12 View Post
Hehe. If i were a god i should also consider all possible 'predictions' including all emergent factors(brains and consciousness--every knots and bolts--'everything') not just the physics. Why would i kill something that i knew all along. I rather make fun of them; Like make the universe homogeneous and slightly tweak it, put 'darky' in the mix, that will keep my creation @ bay. (ancient alien guys would be very proud)..
You'll need to use some 'unpredictable' matter from other world to change things in this world according to your wish.
SW VandeCarr
Jan8-13, 10:34 AM
P: 2,499
Just how the world ends doesn't matter. What matters is what we can do to save ourselves. Some have thought deeply about this.

Runei
Jan8-13, 12:19 PM
P: 140
kill -9

Works every time! ;)
julcab12
Jan8-13, 01:50 PM
P: 151
Quote Quote by Kholdstare View Post
You'll need to use some 'unpredictable' matter from other world to change things in this world according to your wish.

'Godly complicated' matter/physics perhaps. What's the point of 'god' if you can't even predict. So, i don't need useless stuff like strings and dimensions. . I'll create a self sustaining existence, a system that will last forever just like me. cough*.

Re: How would you end the world? I will and let physics do the work. But then again, i knew all along what will happen.

Register to reply