by protonchain
Tags: random
Evo
Jan10-13, 07:37 PM
Mentor
P: 25,961
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
Do you have Aleve?
Aleve won't work for migraine type pain. I have found that oxycodone is the only thing that gives relief.
drizzle
Jan10-13, 07:39 PM
PF Gold
P: 521
No. I only take pills for severe pains anyways. I'm gonna try to sleep for a bit.
Evo
Jan10-13, 07:54 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Gad View Post
No. I only take pills for severe pains anyways. I'm gonna try to sleep for a bit.
Do you have the auras and vomiting that go with full blown migraine? My youngest sister has these classic migraines. I have occular migraines, which are painless, but when I have the excruating pain, I don't have the other migraine symptoms, so they might not be migraines, but oxycodone is the only think that's strong enough for the pain.
OmCheeto
Jan10-13, 07:55 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,370
There is currently no instantaneous background check, and I don't see how there can be as long as the FBI can put a 3-day hold on any transfer. If your name is the same or similar to anybody who has been convicted of a crime or has been called mentally ill, your transfer will be stalled. A three-day hold will disqualify many people at gun-shows from buying firearms. Guns-shows aren't a free-for-all. The largest sellers all hold federal firearm licenses and conduct their background checks diligently, and they run into delays that prevent sales. They are attending these shows to get their inventory out there and stimulate sales.

There are private sellers at many gun-shows, where allowed, but the volume of sales is not impressive, IMO.

Still, there is no way that I can see an instant background check being implemented. The FBI is hard-pressed to keep up with current checks. Maybe Biden et al have some ideas how to get around this. We'll see Tuesday.
Pardon my ignorance, as I've never purchased a gun, but why can't gun buyers go to the FBI and get checked out a week before the gun show? Or does that make too much sense for something that is government run?
turbo
Jan10-13, 08:11 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
Pardon my ignorance, as I've never purchased a gun, but why can't gun buyers go to the FBI and get checked out a week before the gun show? Or does that make too much sense for something that is government run?
I don't know if that could be done. Typically, a purchaser wants to get a gun, and the seller (with an FFL license and access to the FBI) calls in for a background check. Sometimes these checks can be handled pretty quickly, but sometimes, the checks are held up. The law says that if the FBI doesn't respond within 3 days, the transfer can take place, but that is really problematic if the attempted purchase takes place during a weekend gun-show. No time to run that delay out.

Please understand that I don't own a single semi-automatic rifle, nor do I intend to. I have a couple of antique Winchester lever-action carbines and a Ruger Model 1 single-shot rifle. The only other long-gun is an antique Ithica double-barrel shotgun in 16 gauge. I'm just trying to clear up some misconceptions here.
OmCheeto
Jan10-13, 08:16 PM
PF Gold
I've sent a prayer for you, that you should sleep well tonight...

as the doctors and their drugs, physical therapists and their "do this" thingys, are not working for me.

Sciatica: When a horse kicks you in the butt, while you are sleeping.

A big horse.
A big strong horse.
A big strong horse with sharp hooves.

OmCheeto
Jan10-13, 08:23 PM
PF Gold
I don't know if that could be done. ...
I guess I'll have to contact the FBI then. I plan on buying some guns in the next few months.
drizzle
Jan10-13, 09:17 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Do you have the auras and vomiting that go with full blown migraine? My youngest sister has these classic migraines. I have occular migraines, which are painless, but when I have the excruating pain, I don't have the other migraine symptoms, so they might not be migraines, but oxycodone is the only think that's strong enough for the pain.
It's the later, retinal migraine. But it's painful, to the point I had to close one eye all the way back home-- I even thought of having a pirate patch.

Thanks Ohm, I'm ok now. :)
lisab
Jan10-13, 09:35 PM
Mentor
P: 2,917
It's the later, retinal migraine. But it's painful, to the point I had to close one eye all the way back home-- I even thought of having a pirate patch.

Thanks Ohm, I'm ok now. :)
:sad:

I get them, too. Horrible. My doc recently gave me Imitrex. Since I can't hold anything down when I get them, it's an injection - an air injection! It blows the medicine right through your skin. I've heard it hurts but I'll try anything.

Just thought you should know - there are meds out there for migraine.
Evo
Jan10-13, 09:42 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
:sad:

I get them, too. Horrible. My doc recently gave me Imitrex. Since I can't hold anything down when I get them, it's an injection - an air injection! It blows the medicine right through your skin. I've heard it hurts but I'll try anything.

Just thought you should know - there are meds out there for migraine.
The only thing worse than this kind of headache is to also have an abscessed tooth at the same time.

I feel for you both, the pain is excrutiating. Does it seem more women than men have this?
I took an oxycodone 45 minutes ago, and I'm human again.
drizzle
Jan10-13, 10:12 PM
PF Gold
Just remind me to not go to Politics & World Affairs forum. It saddens me and gives me ulcers.
drizzle
Jan10-13, 10:16 PM
PF Gold
The only thing worse than this kind of headache is to also have an abscessed tooth at the same time.

I feel for you both, the pain is excrutiating. Does it seem more women than men have this?
I took an oxycodone 45 minutes ago, and I'm human again.
Lol Evo.

I think you're right, I only know women who say they have migraine headaches..
AnTiFreeze3
Jan10-13, 10:27 PM
P: 245
... Does it seem more women than men have this? ...
... I think you're right, I only know women who say they have migraine headaches..
My mom used to get horrible migraines, to the point where she said, "F--- it" and became the recipient of a multi-purpose nose surgery, that relieved her of cranial pain, as well as visual pain.

As for any headaches that I get (which have been a blissful rarity), I can usually just think them away. Oddly enough, I was reading a book when I was maybe 7 or 8 years old, in which one of the characters rid himself of a painful headache by focusing sharply on the location of the pain. As a naive young boy, I decided to try it out myself, and was surprised to see that it actually worked. This, of course, has only been tried on relatively minor pain, so I'm not claiming that migraines can be fixed with some mental focus.

And, now that I think about it, my mother's sister has migraines as well, however she still gets them, while my mom does not.
zoobyshoe
Jan10-13, 10:32 PM
P: 5,616
Quote Quote by Jimmy Snyder View Post
Then there's the seven hobbits of highly effective people.
1.) Always keep your lucky hobbits foot on your person.

2.) A factory full of slave hobbit workers is worth two million in the bush.

3.) A hobbit enslaved is a hobbit earned.

4.) Don't count your hobbits before they're enslaved.

5.) If you can't corrupt 'em, enslave 'em.

6.) Starve a hobbit and feed an orc.

7.) People who live in glass houses should throw hobbits.

-Sauron, Highly Effective Dark Lord
AlephZero
Jan10-13, 10:48 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 6,386
There are private sellers at many gun-shows, where allowed, but the volume of sales is not impressive, IMO.
According to http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20742508
The Brady Act, signed by President Bill Clinton in 1993, requires federal background checks on firearm purchases by flagging up buyers with a criminal record or a history of mental health problems.

But 40% of gun sales are not affected by the legislation because they take place between private individuals - including at gun show stands or through the internet.
AnTiFreeze3
Jan10-13, 10:52 PM
P: 245
Speaking of which: Aleph, did you get my money through PayPal for that grenade launcher?

It's just, these, uh, damn geese keep popping up around my house...
Borek
Jan11-13, 02:19 AM
Admin
P: 22,710
I had to close one eye all the way back home
Hardly surprising you hit the curb, then.
Evo
Jan11-13, 11:24 AM
Mentor
This is hilarious.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...XBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

Register to reply