Register to reply

What do I tell girls I am majoring in.

by E-Guy
Tags: advice, dating, girls, major
Share this thread:
E-Guy
Jan17-13, 08:11 AM
P: n/a
I am a current physics major and whenever I meet girls I need to know what major I should tell them I am in. I am saying finance for now but is there a better fit, what do yall tell girls you are majoring if you meet them outside of your field.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
'Smart material' chin strap harvests energy from chewing
King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
Capturing ancient Maya sites from both a rat's and a 'bat's eye view'
Astronuc
Jan17-13, 08:18 AM
Admin
P: 21,911
Quote Quote by E-Guy View Post
I am a current physics major and whenever I meet girls I need to know what major I should tell them I am in. I am saying finance for now but is there a better fit, what do yall tell girls you are majoring if you meet them outside of your field.
I was always honest about my studies, which were physics with specialty in nuclear and astrophysics, then nuclear engineering.
Jack21222
Jan17-13, 08:20 AM
P: 772
Why are you lying to people? Particularly over such a trivial matter?

Jimmy Snyder
Jan17-13, 08:24 AM
P: 2,179
What do I tell girls I am majoring in.

I majored in finance, but I always told the girls it was physics.
NemoReally
Jan17-13, 08:26 AM
P: 194
I wonder why you're quite so ashamed of being a physicist? I would *never* have lowered myself to admitting to be a fine arts major or economist. What's cooler than studying astrophysics?

Ah, unless you're trying to reduce the size of your harem by putting them off? Or a social "scientist" carrying out some bizarre on-line response study?
Jack21222
Jan17-13, 08:41 AM
P: 772
Is this you, OP?

micromass
Jan17-13, 08:41 AM
Mentor
P: 18,346
Cause lying to people is a wonderful way to start a new relationship...
Kholdstare
Jan17-13, 08:44 AM
P: 390
You can tell her that you are a major in Advertising/Communication/English/Finance/Journalism/Marketing/Political Science/Psychology etc.
WannabeNewton
Jan17-13, 08:49 AM
C. Spirit
Sci Advisor
Thanks
P: 5,661
haael
Jan17-13, 08:49 AM
P: 438
Don't bother. Girls can not distinguish between physicists and economists anyway. They will find you equally nerdy.
E-Guy
Jan17-13, 08:53 AM
P: n/a
Quote Quote by haael View Post
Don't bother. Girls can not distinguish between physicists and economists anyway. They will find you equally nerdy.
what about architecture lol? that actually sounds pretty good.
WannabeNewton
Jan17-13, 08:56 AM
C. Spirit
Sci Advisor
Thanks
P: 5,661

If you still aren't convinced then NPH himself has words of wisdom to offer. Good luck!
Kholdstare
Jan17-13, 08:57 AM
P: 390
No. Dont tell her you are an architect. Rather tell her you're a building planner.
micromass
Jan17-13, 09:09 AM
Mentor
P: 18,346
Can't get much cooler than this:

CompuChip
Jan17-13, 10:32 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 4,300
I usually say I'm a millionaire and have a house on the beach. They've never asked me what I study.
turbo
Jan17-13, 10:35 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Never lie. It's a deal-killer when (not if) you are found out. Be nice, be respectful, and tell the truth.
Lisa!
Jan17-13, 10:44 AM
PF Gold
P: 973
Simply ask them what major they like you to be in!
SW VandeCarr
Jan17-13, 10:50 AM
P: 2,504
Tell them you're studying to be a priest (seminarian). If that doesn't work, go ahead and make it the truth.

Register to reply