Register to reply

NASA could build a warp drive?

by zepp0814
Tags: build, drive, nasa, warp
Share this thread:
zepp0814
Jan24-13, 06:32 PM
P: 28
I just read in a article that NASA has revisited an older theory and found they can improve on it greatly. here is a link to the journal (i guess that is what it is called) of the scientist who is working in this. http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...2011016932.pdf

Can they actually bend space with the Alcubeirre drive and also what are the physical mechanics to doing so. like how could a machine pull that off.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Suddenly, the sun is eerily quiet: Where did the sunspots go?
'Moral victories' might spare you from losing again
Mammoth and mastodon behavior was less roam, more stay at home
DiracPool
Jan25-13, 10:11 PM
P: 534
Can they actually bend space with the Alcubeirre drive and also what are the physical mechanics to doing so. like how could a machine pull that off.
Don't quit your day job thinking that a position for a starfleet commander is gonna open any time soon. I would also not invest in any stock in a company promising to provide warp power for the future. The energy demands to do these things are far more prohibitive than would ever be practical, even if it were possible, in principle.
pervect
Jan25-13, 11:21 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
P: 7,594
The big news is that we could build a warp drive with a lot less of something we don't have (exotic matter) than previously thought. We still don't have it (exotic matter in bulk) though.

Register to reply