Seeing "Photon & Floater" Orbs: 23yo with 16/20 Vision

• Medical
  • Thread starter wolfwood
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photons
In summary, a 23-year-old sees orbs or "cells" in light waves. He thinks they might be photons, but he is not sure.
wolfwood
Since I was a kid i was interested in bright lights they never hurt my eyes to look straight at them such as the sun or any other light. Since about 8 y.o. to current i had better then 20/20 vision. My latest was 16/20. i am 23 now but ever since i was young i seen these weird spheres in light waves. The best way i can describe seeing them and what they look like is this: When I zone In to a bright light at night around the light i see waves emitting off the brightest part of the light, like on a hot summer day when you see the heat waves off the street, in those waves i see hundreds for orbs that look like the picture at the bottom that i made in paint (i suck at making pics sorry lol but this pic is pretty close to what i see), thus all the black and white circles in this pic should be perfect circles the thicknesses are about right tho and when i see them there all different sizes. Are these floaters? i don't see flashes or line or spiders webs like eye problem floaters suggest just hundreds of orb like or cell like nucleus circles. Also If I focus hard enough i can get the waves and spheres to hold in place for about 3-5secs thus i was able to memorize and draw them and then make them in pant. Is this serious? should i see a special eye doctor? i only see it in light waves tho no where else . When i showed this pic to a friend he said it look like a photon. Then he explained That it most likely isn't photons because they move at the speed of light I don't know what a photon looks like but i thought a science forum is my most likely bet to figure this out seeing that the best and smartest minds might be here. please Help! Am i crazy or can others see this?

Floater.jpg

Biology news on Phys.org

You should see an eye doctor. It is possible you are seeing the effects of damage.

The answer is, of course, we have no way of knowing anything about your eyes, so please see an eye doctor.

I think everyone sees what you see at some time. I see the little round "cells' that you describe, they remind me of looking at cells under a microscope. I also have 'floaters" which is actual eye tissue that has broken off and is casting shadows on the retina. Sometimes this can be caused by a very serious condition - a retinal tear or detachment.

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm

Last edited:
Thank you i though i was seeing something special like aruas or energy made by the light like a super human haha jk but i will see a doctor about it when i get some cash. *thumbs up to this forum*

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is possible that what you are seeing is a phenomenon known as "floaters." Floaters are small, semi-transparent particles that can appear in the vitreous humor of the eye. They can be seen as small, moving shapes or lines in the field of vision and are often more noticeable when looking at a bright background, such as a white wall or the sky. Floaters are more common in people who are nearsighted or have had eye surgery, but they can occur in anyone.

Based on your description, it is possible that you are seeing floaters in the form of spherical shapes, which can sometimes happen. However, it is always best to consult with an eye doctor to rule out any other potential causes and to ensure that your eyes are healthy. It is also important to note that floaters are usually harmless and do not require treatment unless they significantly interfere with your vision.

As for the comparison to photons, it is unlikely that what you are seeing is actually photons. Photons are subatomic particles that do not emit light themselves, but rather carry energy. They are not visible to the naked eye and cannot be seen in the way you are describing.

In summary, while your experience may be related to floaters, it is always recommended to consult with an eye doctor for a proper diagnosis and to ensure the health of your eyes. Thank you for reaching out to the scientific community for more information.

1. What are "photon & floater" orbs?

"Photon & floater" orbs are small, translucent particles that can be seen floating in the field of vision. They are most commonly seen as white or translucent dots, but can also appear as dark specks or strands. These particles are not physical objects, but rather are debris or cells within the eye that cast shadows on the retina, creating the illusion of floating orbs.

2. Why do some people see these orbs while others do not?

The ability to see "photon & floater" orbs is a normal and common occurrence. However, the presence and visibility of these orbs can vary from person to person. Factors such as age, eye health, and individual differences in the structure of the eye can all affect the perception of these orbs.

3. Are "photon & floater" orbs harmful to vision?

No, "photon & floater" orbs are not harmful to vision. They are a natural part of the eye and do not cause any damage or impairment. In most cases, they are simply an annoyance and do not require treatment. However, if you experience a sudden increase in the number of orbs or see flashes of light, it is important to consult an eye doctor to rule out any underlying conditions.

4. Can anything be done to reduce the appearance of these orbs?

Unfortunately, there is no known way to prevent or reduce the appearance of "photon & floater" orbs. However, they tend to become less noticeable over time as the brain learns to ignore them. In some cases, surgery may be recommended to remove particularly large or bothersome floaters, but this is not a common treatment option.

5. Are there any warning signs that "photon & floater" orbs may be a symptom of a more serious issue?

In most cases, "photon & floater" orbs are harmless and not a cause for concern. However, if you experience a sudden onset of floaters, a large increase in their number, or flashes of light, it could be a sign of a more serious condition such as a retinal tear or detachment. If you experience these symptoms, it is important to seek immediate medical attention to prevent potential vision loss.