PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
Drakkith
Feb5-13, 09:39 PM
PF Gold
P: 11,030
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
I will be sure and avoid Kansas for the next few weeks. BTW, when is the asteroid coming?
Om, you changed your picture! How could you!! Now who's going to light up PF?
Evo
Feb5-13, 09:47 PM
Mentor
P: 25,930
Quote Quote by Drakkith View Post
Almost got irate yesterday in my class when my instructor started talking about Tesla and how he had driven a car from some city all the way to DC or something, and instead of using fuel, it used a little black box to power it the whole way. Of course I called BS on the whole thing and one thing led to another and I learned that he believed that the government had taken multiple patents of Tesla's and to this day still had them because they would have provided free energy to everyone. Again, I called BS and luckily he had to get back to teaching before I got too upset.

Oh, this is only a few weeks after another instructor in my electronics class claimed that his sisters body somehow kept messing her watch up due to the EM field it generated.
Wow, that scary. but I don't understand this.

These are all retired military folks teaching us not retired military folks by the way.
ChiralWaltz
Feb5-13, 11:02 PM
P: 114
These are all retired military folks teaching us not retired military folks by the way.
Is this part of your AFSC education or is this an on base AF community College where you are being taught?
OmCheeto
Feb5-13, 11:45 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,369
Om, you changed your picture! How could you!! Now who's going to light up PF?
I did? I don't remember doing that. hmmm...

But, but, the last time someone saw this picture they said; "It looks like he's glowing"

Strapped my legs around a CRDM as a youngster I did.

It'll make the whole of you glow.

OmCheeto
Feb5-13, 11:55 PM
PF Gold
Good god, my cats are on the roof again tonight.
Jimmy Snyder
Feb6-13, 04:43 AM
P: 2,163
I will be sure and avoid Kansas for the next few weeks. BTW, when is the asteroid coming?
Feb 15th.
Drakkith
Feb6-13, 05:05 AM
PF Gold
P: 11,030
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Wow, that scary. but I don't understand this.
Should be retired military folks teaching us non-retired military folks.

Is this part of your AFSC education or is this an on base AF community College where you are being taught?
AFSC training. I'm doing RF Transmission Systems training at the moment.
Borg
Feb6-13, 07:11 AM
PF Gold
P: 728
Had to stop suddenly on the way in to work this morning when the car in front of me nearly collided with the van that she was tailgating. Fortunately, I was maintaining sufficient distance. Also fortunate that I instinctively looked in my rear view mirror to see another woman cresting the hill behind me at 70 in a 45 zone slamming her brakes on. If I hadn't accelerated into the remaining space that I had left, she would have hit me. Yay, traffic..
OmCheeto
Feb6-13, 08:32 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Borg View Post
Had to stop suddenly on the way in to work this morning when the car in front of me nearly collided with the van that she was tailgating. Fortunately, I was maintaining sufficient distance. Also fortunate that I instinctively looked in my rear view mirror to see another woman cresting the hill behind me at 70 in a 45 zone slamming her brakes on. If I hadn't accelerated into the remaining space that I had left, she would have hit me. Yay, traffic..
Wow. A driver aware of what's going on. That's pretty rare.

I have an acquaintance who once told me that he totaled his car, and blamed it on the anti-lock braking system. He said that he would not have rear-ended the car in front of him if his car had regular brakes. I, of course, knodded in a, "Yes. I'm sure you are correct." kind of fashion, whilst thinking to myself; "Bwa! Hahahaha! Tailgaters.... I love your lame excuses."
Borg
Feb6-13, 08:47 AM
PF Gold
P: 728
Wow. A driver aware of what's going on. That's pretty rare.
Yeah, I don't have a cell phone.
lisab
Feb6-13, 09:10 AM
Mentor
P: 2,915
Good god, my cats are on the roof again tonight.
How do you know they're your cats - do their little paw-falls make a distinctive sound, due to all those extra toes?
OmCheeto
Feb6-13, 09:21 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Borg View Post
Yeah, I don't have a cell phone.
That reminds me of my visit with my physical therapist. I am apparently incapable of breathing and doing his exercises at the same time.
Borek
Feb6-13, 09:41 AM
Admin
P: 22,671
I have an acquaintance who once told me that he totaled his car, and blamed it on the anti-lock braking system.
My ABS didn't work last week, no idea why. Would it work, I would have stopped (sigh, tenses... hopefully you will be able to guess what I mean).

I wonder if it is possible for ABS to not work if both front wheels lock at exactly the same time. I am not even sure I have sensors on the rear axle.
Kholdstare
Feb6-13, 10:04 AM
P: 390

Why does that cat looks like a theoretical physicist to me?
turbo
Feb6-13, 10:39 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
Because theoretical physicists have eye-boogers? Just askin'
DennisN
Feb6-13, 02:08 PM
P: 441
...it used a little black box to power it the whole way. Of course I called BS on the whole thing and one thing led to another and I learned that he believed that the government had taken multiple patents of Tesla's and to this day still had them because they would have provided free energy to everyone. Again, I called BS...[]
I suppose the patents are kept in another black box. Which was delivered to the FBI by an invisible pink unicorn. Nostradamus predicted this, and Da Vinci made a painting of it. But the painting was lost when Atlantis sank into the ocean. It's rather complicated.

I like that you had the courage to question it publicly, Drakkith. And I really, truly don't understand why precisely Tesla seems to have such a cult following. Why is that? The guy was probably cool, but some people make it sound almost like he could invent anything. That's really weird, it sometimes gets eerily close to worship IMO.
Kholdstare
Feb6-13, 02:45 PM
P: 390
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
Because theoretical physicists have eye-boogers? Just askin'
It has that snappy, no-nonsense look. Like "don't mess with me, I'm a theoretical physicist". Just saying.
DennisN
Feb6-13, 02:59 PM
P: 441
Quote Quote by Kholdstare View Post
It has that snappy, no-nonsense look. Like "don't mess with me, I'm a theoretical physicist". Just saying.
Yeah. The cat looks snappy (beautiful animal btw). It looks like it is thinking "I understand how this car works, and I'm not impressed by it. I can do better."

Register to reply