Determine the shear-force and bending-moment equations for the beam?

by ChangBroot
Tags: beam, bendingmoment, determine, equations, shearforce
ChangBroot
Feb9-13, 08:17 PM
P: 5
Determine the shear-force and bending-moment equations for the beam. Then sketch the
diagrams using the aforementioned equations if necessary to ascertain key points in the
diagrams, such as the position between the supports where V=0. What is the bending
moment there?

The following is the figure and how I drew the Free Body Diagram. Remember, I only neglected the Coupled-Forces, not the m0ment they cause.

http://s1267.beta.photobucket.com/us...ent-1.png.html

I found:
W = 180 N
Ay = 60 N
By = 1120 N

No need for the sketching part, I can do that. Just need help with the equations.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Researchers propose network-based evaluation tool to assess relief operations feasibility
Large streams of data warn cars, banks and oil drillers
Engineering student developing traffic forecasts
SteamKing
Feb9-13, 10:41 PM
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 5,530
By their nature, simple supports can transmit forces but are incapable of transmitting any moments.

What specific problems are you having with the equations?
ChangBroot
Feb10-13, 12:44 AM
P: 5
I am having difficulty finding ".. the shear-force and bending-moment equations for the beam. "

SteamKing
Feb10-13, 01:18 AM
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 5,530

Determine the shear-force and bending-moment equations for the beam?

What have you tried? Have you started to write anything down?

Register to reply