Register to reply

Determine the shear-force and bending-moment equations for the beam?

Share this thread:
ChangBroot
Feb9-13, 08:17 PM
P: 5
Determine the shear-force and bending-moment equations for the beam. Then sketch the
diagrams using the aforementioned equations if necessary to ascertain key points in the
diagrams, such as the position between the supports where V=0. What is the bending
moment there?

The following is the figure and how I drew the Free Body Diagram. Remember, I only neglected the Coupled-Forces, not the m0ment they cause.

http://s1267.beta.photobucket.com/us...ent-1.png.html

I found:
W = 180 N
Ay = 60 N
By = 1120 N

No need for the sketching part, I can do that. Just need help with the equations.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Printing the metals of the future
New gadget helps the vision-impaired to read graphs
3D printing helps designers build a better brick
SteamKing
Feb9-13, 10:41 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 6,326
By their nature, simple supports can transmit forces but are incapable of transmitting any moments.

What specific problems are you having with the equations?
ChangBroot
Feb10-13, 12:44 AM
P: 5
I am having difficulty finding ".. the shear-force and bending-moment equations for the beam. "

SteamKing
Feb10-13, 01:18 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 6,326
Determine the shear-force and bending-moment equations for the beam?

What have you tried? Have you started to write anything down?

Register to reply