Share this thread:
Pablo88
Feb10-13, 10:14 AM
P: 1
Hello, I was wondering why in integrals such as
[tex]
\int d^4k F(k^2)
[/tex]
where [tex] k^2 = (k^0)^2 - |\vec{k}|^2 [/tex] ranges from -∞ to ∞, once the Wick-rotation is performed, we have [tex] -k^2_E = -(k^0_E)^2 - |\vec{k}_E|^2 [/tex] which lies in the (-∞,0) interval ... So, the contribution which lies in the part where [tex] k^2 >0[/tex] it seems that fades away. This function would have even poles. It is still a bit counter-intuitive for me that this part just fades away.

I guess we could shift the space-variables as [tex] \vec{k} \rightarrow \vec{k+k_0} [/tex] so this always lays in the euclidean space so to say. Anyway I am not sure, if this shift is always allowed.

Asides, things get more annoying for me if we have other four-vectors in the function, appart that the loop variable, which are Minkowskian, i.e. [tex] F((k+q)^2,(k-p)^2) [/tex] where [tex] q^2 = m^2, \ p^2 = M^2 [/tex] (both are positive quantities) ...

I find this kind of examples in triangle loops diagrams where the function F(k,q,..) is the form factor, and I this form factor is supposed to be the in the Spacelike or Euclidean region ...

Thanks in advance!
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Engineers develop new sensor to detect tiny individual nanoparticles
Tiny particles have big potential in debate over nuclear proliferation
Ray tracing and beyond

Register to reply