by protonchain
Tags: random
Share this thread:
Borek
Feb13-13, 01:29 PM
Admin
P: 23,406
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe View Post
There is a recent novel titled after the painting and apparently it is very popular. I haven't read it, myself. It did wonders reviving interest in the painting.
Not only a novel, but also a movie with Scarlett Johansson.
Kholdstare
Feb13-13, 01:31 PM
P: 390
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
I doubt you are old enough to know her.
I know a girl with the EXACT same face and body feature.
Kholdstare
Feb13-13, 01:33 PM
P: 390
I wonder how did my superhuman IQ of 20000 go unappreciated?
dkotschessaa
Feb13-13, 02:36 PM
P: 598
Quote Quote by collinsmark View Post

Many (most) of the anti-Atkins diet hoopla is overblown. I encourage you to research it though. And with that I encourage you to trust studies involving actual data from people who have actually been on the diet, and not some physician's speculation of what might happen if one goes on the diet.
My response on this thread since it was getting non-random: :)

http://physicsforums.com/showthread....40#post4268940

-Dave K
dkotschessaa
Feb13-13, 02:38 PM
P: 598
[QUOTE=Ivan Seeking;4268792]Yep! I lost 55 pounds on a diet rich in Carls Jr., 6 Dollar Gaucamole Bacon Burgers, ordered as a lettuce wrap, of course! Now THATS a diet I can live with.

And you've gotta love a diet where BBQ'd steak tops the menu.

It is controversial, but I too have blood sugar issues, and this has all but elimated the problem entirely... for the first time in my life, I should add. This has changed my life dramatically. And, interestingly, my immune system seems to be far stronger than most people around me. I haven't been sick in over two years, which has never happened before, and I've been surrounded by sick people lately. I did finally get the sniffles for a couple of days but never got hit hard like everyone else, not yet anyway.
Replied to this on a new thread (see above).
zoobyshoe
Feb13-13, 02:49 PM
P: 5,625
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Not only a novel, but also a movie with Scarlett Johansson.
I guess it makes more sense that such a movie would spread awareness of the painting more than a book.

I noticed a flurry of copies, and variations of, the painting by people who post on deviantart. Then I started seeing the book all over the place. I didn't realize there was a movie, too.
Astronuc
Feb13-13, 04:36 PM
Admin
P: 21,828
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Just ate a Marie Callendar's microwaved chicken pot pie. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 1.5. The crust turned out great, but the crust was the only thing worth eating. When I broke through the top crust, the pie was empty except for a bit of white sauce, 2 tiny carrot rounds, one of which was soggy and chewy, 5 peas and two pieces of chicken at the bottom. Although it was salted, it had no flavor at all. None. If I had been blindfolded, I would not have been able to tell you that it was supposed to be chicken it had no chicken flavor. Bland, tasteless, almost no product. Will never buy another.
I eat one occasionally. They're not great, but not bad. I think there is several pieces, e.g., 5 or 6 pcs, of chicken, and few pieces of carrot and peas, but otherwise pretty pathetic.

It's par for the course on prepared foods. They add just enough to validly claim it has vegetables or whatever.

Quote Quote by Jimmy Snyder View Post
And they're too small.
I usually add more meat (chicken, sliced meats or meatballs) and/or vegetables.
Jimmy Snyder
Feb13-13, 04:39 PM
P: 2,179
Quote Quote by Astronuc View Post
I usually add more meat (chicken, sliced meats or meatballs) and/or vegetables.
This reminds me of rock soup.
FreeMitya
Feb13-13, 05:49 PM
P: 31
It's shocking how un-shocking shock humour has become.

And now "shock" has lost it's meaning.
Evo
Feb13-13, 11:00 PM
Mentor
P: 26,488
Quote Quote by Astronuc View Post
I eat one occasionally. They're not great, but not bad. I think there is several pieces, e.g., 5 or 6 pcs, of chicken, and few pieces of carrot and peas, but otherwise pretty pathetic.
Mine had exactly 2 pieces of chicken. Now, they were not pieces of dried cardboard, and they were large, an inch long and 3/4 of an inch wide, they were moist, but no flavor, they could have been cubes of soy protein. I don't know, they were impossible to tell due to complete lack of flavor. Like they'd been boiled in water then dropped in as it moved down the conveyor belt.
AnTiFreeze3
Feb13-13, 11:05 PM
P: 247
So, apparently my dad is an atheist now.

I originally would have said that I "converted" him to atheism, but I thought about it briefly, and realized that the decision to change what one believes is the sole responsibility of that one person. I do, however, think I was the first person to really challenge what he believed, but I never had the slightest clue that he might have taken any of what I said seriously.

Now for my sister and mother...
Evo
Feb13-13, 11:07 PM
Mentor
P: 26,488
Quote Quote by antifreeze3 View Post
so, apparently my dad is an atheist now.

I originally would have said that i "converted" him to atheism, but i thought about it briefly, and realized that the decision to change what one believes is the sole responsibility of that one person. I do, however, think i was the first person to really challenge what he believed, but i never had the slightest clue that he might have taken any of what i said seriously.

Now for my sister and mother...
lol!
zoobyshoe
Feb14-13, 12:02 AM
Quote Quote by AnTiFreeze3 View Post
So, apparently my dad is an atheist now.

I originally would have said that I "converted" him to atheism, but I thought about it briefly, and realized that the decision to change what one believes is the sole responsibility of that one person. I do, however, think I was the first person to really challenge what he believed, but I never had the slightest clue that he might have taken any of what I said seriously.
I'm not sure the average churchgoer should be de-programmed. Church does have the effect of putting pressure on people to stay out of trouble. Now your dad has no reason not to shave his head and start manufacturing meth.
AnTiFreeze3
Feb14-13, 12:08 AM
P: 247
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe View Post
... Now your dad has no reason not to shave his head and start manufacturing meth.
You're too late. He's been bald since he was born, and has long been established as the primary king-pin in the Midwest. Maybe he'll straighten out now?
HeLiXe
Feb14-13, 12:08 AM
P: 410
Tomorrow I will be manufacturing an organic compound that has "meth" in it....but alas....it is legal and something I will be doing in my organic chemistry lab. Still cool to think I will be making meth :D
HeLiXe
Feb14-13, 12:10 AM
P: 410
methylcyclohexene....just thought i should clarify >_>
zoobyshoe
Feb14-13, 12:43 AM
Quote Quote by AnTiFreeze3 View Post
You're too late. He's been bald since he was born, and has long been established as the primary king-pin in the Midwest. Maybe he'll straighten out now?
Maybe he'll run for President.
zoobyshoe
Feb14-13, 12:45 AM
Quote Quote by HeLiXe View Post
methylcyclohexene....just thought i should clarify >_>
Antifreeze Sr. is going to think you're trying to horn in on his gig.

Register to reply