Tags: love, philosophy
Share this thread:
Zantra
Jul30-03, 11:06 AM
P: 869
Originally posted by Another God
What makes you think that?

I disagree

I'll answer that- Because subjective influences skew logistics of objectivity. Our perception is how we objectively define things along with logistics. That perception is altered by subjective things. Follow me?
Royce
Jul30-03, 12:53 PM
P: 1,476
Gee, I wish I'd said that, Zantra! Thanks.
Another God
Jul30-03, 06:41 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 1,026
Originally posted by Zantra
I'll answer that- Because subjective influences skew logistics of objectivity. Our perception is how we objectively define things along with logistics. That perception is altered by subjective things. Follow me?
Oh sure, so the scientific method will never make us know the objective. Fine, I'll admit to that. I am compelled to by my understanding of the objective.

But as such, since I believe the scientific method (and any other method) simply CANNOT ever allow a subjective point of view to be able to know the objective, all the sci method could possibly strive for, is to align their subjective view with the objective reality.

And I belive that is what science tries to, and does do. It takes time, and revision, and alterations of previous beliefs, but it happens.
Royce
Aug1-03, 08:45 AM
P: 1,476
Is'nt all knowledge subjective whether it be knowledge of objective reality or abstract subjective thought? We can only know in our minds or brains if you prefer. Even the measurements of the pure objective are subjective perceptions of what we believe our intruments are measuring and telling us.
This is why, inpart, I say that we can not seperate the two. One of the other reasons I believe as I do is that I am convinced that there is more to reality than objective materialism. Knowledge, logic, thought, reason, emotion, love, mind vs brain and heart,soul, spirit, whatever you prefer to call it is real but not objective. It can and does effect the real material world and thus can be indirectly measured. This IMO make it every bit *** real as the pure objective material rock we all allude to.

Register to reply