What would it take you to be convinced God existed?

by Dave
Tags: convinced, existed
Iacchus32
Aug6-03, 08:16 PM
P: 2,216
Originally posted by megashawn
But do you not see my point? You stated that for thousands of years many people have believed in God. What has it done for us? Where has it taken us? How has it improved life on earth?
What is the point in believing in God? I understand that the Ancients who, communicated directly with the angels -- before passing on and becoming angels themselves -- live in the highest heavens and are therefore most "innocent." [;)]
Iacchus32
Aug6-03, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Iacchus32
What is the point in believing in God? I understand that the Ancients who, communicated directly with the angels -- before passing on and becoming angels themselves -- live in the highest heavens and are therefore most "innocent."
And if you don't believe I have the means by which to ascertain this for myself, guess again. [;)]
heusdens
Aug8-03, 12:17 PM
P: 1,620
And since there seems to be nobody around anymore that takes Iachhus32 ideas serious, he defaults now to talking to himself....
Iacchus32
Aug8-03, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by heusdens
And since there seems to be nobody around anymore that takes Iachhus32 ideas serious, he defaults now to talking to himself....
Yes, what is the point in believing in God?
heusdens
Aug8-03, 06:15 PM
P: 1,620
Originally posted by Iacchus32
Yes, what is the point in believing in God?
Is that a rethorical question or an actual question? Do you ask this in general, or are you just asking yourself?

If you want or need my opinion on that:

There is no point in believing outside believing itself. The belief is purpose in and for itself, and has no relationship to any outside objective reality. Believing in God does not make any practical real life any better, it does not improof any one's life.

But if you belief in God, actually the fact that that is untrue is not acknowledged by the believer, since it is believed that it actually does have some meaning.
Isotope
Aug8-03, 11:21 PM
P: 7
I used to beleive in god, but then I just stopped, t'was a few years ago, woke up one morning, not beleiving. And its not helping that some of my religious neighbors are very very nosey and I sometimes wish to destroy them, one by one, by cutting off their fingers, replacing them with razors, then throw them in a large tub of salt and itching powder. Anyway, I probably never will beleive in god again. Its ok though.
Iacchus32
Aug9-03, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by heusdens
Is that a rethorical question or an actual question? Do you ask this in general, or are you just asking yourself?
Am just reiterating the general question posed by megashawn which was included in my "first reply" above ... just to be sure you knew "who" I was talking to, that is. [;)]

Register to reply