Register to reply

John Titor... Time travler.

by Integral
Tags: john, time, titor, travler
Share this thread:
scarecrow
Jan10-05, 12:30 AM
P: 148
I did hear about John Titor from the other night's airing of Coast to Coast....and I was led to this forum by the guest Physicist they had on last night.
Ivan Seeking
Jan10-05, 01:08 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,498
An interesting show - one can get John Titor and Michio Kaku all in one format.

Note that Dr. Kaku was recently here for an online chat.
http://physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=57221

Welcome to PF scarecrow.
reaper
Jan10-05, 10:57 AM
P: 4
what a load of bollocks.It goes to show how silly people really are.I read the whole link and nobody thought to ask a time traveller,which horse/team/ wins the big event tommorrow! the answer would have been sweet bollocks.Didnt anyone think in order for him to use the internet or post on the forums he had an ISP address.Which here in the UK you pay be credit card or at least bank details.He was here visiting for 4 month,and he thought i know i will open a bank account with my passport dated 2038 yeah really!!! I hope i offered some common sense here to anyone giving him any credibility
Kakarot
Jan10-05, 02:57 PM
P: 65
i thought this was debunked already. on another website i read that they had tracked him down by isp or something and that he admitted to making the whole thing up and that he took the idea from a book or something.
scarecrow
Jan10-05, 03:13 PM
P: 148
I believe his IP address only proved he was indeed in central Florida, where he claimed he was from.
polyb
Jan10-05, 06:38 PM
P: 176
Quote Quote by Kakarot
i thought this was debunked already. on another website i read that they had tracked him down by isp or something and that he admitted to making the whole thing up and that he took the idea from a book or something.
After reading through this Titor stuff earlier this summer it seemed to me that there were some uncanny parallels to the book Alas Babylon.
TheStatutoryApe
Jan11-05, 01:29 AM
P: 1,550
Quote Quote by reaper
what a load of bollocks.It goes to show how silly people really are.I read the whole link and nobody thought to ask a time traveller,which horse/team/ wins the big event tommorrow! the answer would have been sweet bollocks.Didnt anyone think in order for him to use the internet or post on the forums he had an ISP address.Which here in the UK you pay be credit card or at least bank details.He was here visiting for 4 month,and he thought i know i will open a bank account with my passport dated 2038 yeah really!!! I hope i offered some common sense here to anyone giving him any credibility.
Well not that I'm giving him any credibility but your arguement here isn't very good. It seems you didn't read very closely. He did have people asking him who won what sports game and declined to answer "on moral grounds" and he said that he was staying with his parents in this time.
oldunion
Apr25-05, 01:53 AM
P: 269
i just looked over the site. theres 3 new cases of mad cow, when a month ago they said cases were dwindling in europe. Also the information on china is interesting.
Memphis213
May9-05, 08:11 PM
P: 3
Quote Quote by reaper
what a load of bollocks.It goes to show how silly people really are.I read the whole link and nobody thought to ask a time traveller,which horse/team/ wins the big event tommorrow! the answer would have been sweet bollocks.Didnt anyone think in order for him to use the internet or post on the forums he had an ISP address.Which here in the UK you pay be credit card or at least bank details.He was here visiting for 4 month,and he thought i know i will open a bank account with my passport dated 2038 yeah really!!! I hope i offered some common sense here to anyone giving him any credibility
Honestly, I think the only person who needs any common sense is yourself here sir...

There are a number of other options of connecting to the internet, public libraries, parents accounts, colleges, etc. etc. the list goes on.

Also, if you would have really "read the whole link" you would have known why he didn't give up information that could be used to gamble, etc.

I am not giving him credibility, but you are surely not taking anything away with your comments but your own personal dignity....Coming on this forum and calling everyone a bollock and speaking of how silly everyone is, while at the same time acting in the way you are describing doesn't help form a convincing arguement.

You are free to disagree and want to debunk this, just as anyone else does. But at least think longer before you start ranting and raving.
Zantra
Jun7-05, 11:19 AM
P: 869
/bump

Well here we are about midway through 05 and nary a "waco type incident" in sight. Although things like Bush and the Patriot act were by no means positive signs I'm going to go ahead and give this the big thumbs down and call it an entertaining story
Ivan Seeking
Jun8-05, 12:45 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,498
Quote Quote by Zantra
/bump

Well here we are about midway through 05 and nary a "waco type incident" in sight. Although things like Bush and the Patriot act were by no means positive signs I'm going to go ahead and give this the big thumbs down and call it an entertaining story
And with that, Zantra, you get the last word on John Titor.

Register to reply