by Ivan Seeking
Tags: catch, home, spook, video
Ivan Seeking
Aug13-03, 09:49 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493
"A GHOSTLY figure captured unwittingly on a home video camera has spooked a Belfast family."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...p?story=432972
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA's space station Robonaut finally getting legs
Free the seed: OSSI nurtures growing plants without patent barriers
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
cytokinesis
Aug19-03, 12:43 PM
P: 83
Theres this other creepy website about this guy's son named Peter who visits him every so often to play hide and seek.

Theres a short clip on the site accessible thru the link 'Documenting Peter'. Very interesting.

http://www.mysonpeter.com/
Jonathan
Sep17-03, 03:24 AM
P: 493
I don't believe the Peter ghost site. I doubt ghosts have shadows, and the kid is too tall to be four.

Ivan Seeking
Sep18-03, 01:12 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493

Did home video catch a spook?

Whoops, they changed the original link to a registration required site.

As far as Peter, this is a really sad site. This poor guy...
I don't think this is a hoax. I think this guy believes what he says; assuming that his family really died which could easily be checked of course. Even though I tend to think that something real lies at the root of some ghost stories, this sounds to me like someone who cannot deal with the loss of his family. This is why he keeps the clothes, coats, and pajamas in place as if Peter were still alive. This is not an unusual reaction to devastating loss.
PsYcHo_FiSh
Sep23-03, 08:40 PM
P: 30
The site is to polished, it seems fake. I was taken in for all of a few seconds. Except for this,

http://www.mysonpeter.com/code/09dp.html

It's creepy.

However, there was another site about cavers being cursed by a haunted cave that had me taken in for days. Mostly because the site kept going down and it was on angelfire, so I had trouble reading it. It wasn't until I got to the last page did I realize it was faux. I mean, they didn't let on to anything particularly supernatural until the last few pages so its easy to get taken in with your senses :D
cytokinesis
Sep23-03, 09:17 PM
P: 83
Originally posted by Jonathan
I don't believe the Peter ghost site. I doubt ghosts have shadows, and the kid is too tall to be four.
I didn't notice any shadows in the video, and I doubt spatial restrictions from this life last on in the next.
Jonathan
Sep24-03, 03:40 AM
P: 493
It is hard to explain what I meant, not hoax, but I don't think there's a word for it. However, as for the shadows, there is one on the wall at the end of the hall as he enters the doorway to the right. My sister says she knows how to use a computer to make the person fade in and out like that, but she may not know what she's talking about. I said that he's too tall to be four, but it is hard to tell without any reference objects in the scene. The top of the doorways are cut off in the video, which is probably why he looks so tall, my brain has a tendency to assume that the door must end at the edge of the screen, which make the kid really tall, but I know that you can see lots of the floor too, indicating that the camera is pointing pretty low. I would be far more convinced if it were in better lighting and the kid got close enough to compare his features with know pictures of him. Oh yeah, the pajamas look a little small for the kid in the video, but the guy says that the kid got them soon before his death. If you get a kid clothes, you'd get ones that fit. One thing I don't understand though: why do ghosts appear to wear clothes at all? They're dead, what do they care if you see them naked? Or do they not have bodies under there? But again, in that case, why the clothes?

Register to reply