Edit Posts: Clicking "Edit" Button Does Nothing

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
In summary, Some users are experiencing difficulty editing their posts. This issue was previously encountered during a server move and has been reported by others as well. Some users have found success in clicking the post number in the top right corner and then clicking the "edit" button, while others suggest refreshing the page before trying again. Clearing the cache has also been suggested as a solution.
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm not able to edit my posts. Clicking the "edit" button does nothing.

I had this problem before (around the time of the server move)- and I recall it coming up with others as well - but neither can I remember how I got around it, nor can I find the thread that talks about this problem.

Physics news on Phys.org
Gokul43201 said:
I'm not able to edit my posts. Clicking the "edit" button does nothing.

I had this problem before (around the time of the server move)- and I recall it coming up with others as well - but neither can I remember how I got around it, nor can I find the thread that talks about this problem.

I'm having that problem too. What I found to have worked, and still does, is to click on the post number (top right hand corner), have it display the post in the window, and click on the EDIT button. That seems to work.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I'm having that problem too. What I found to have worked, and still does, is to click on the post number (top right hand corner), have it display the post in the window, and click on the EDIT button. That seems to work.

Zz.
Yup, now I remember reading this bit of advice before. :wink:

Thanks Zz.

Sometimes if it doesn't work, I refersh the page and then it works.

I had this same problem around the time of the server move (not anymore though).
What I did was to clear the cache, refresh the page, and then click the edit button again.

1. Why is the "Edit" button not working when I try to edit a post?

There could be several reasons why the "Edit" button is not responsive when trying to edit a post. It could be due to a technical issue with the website or a glitch in the system. It is also possible that there is a problem with your internet connection, browser, or device.

2. How can I fix the "Edit" button not working?

If the issue is on your end, you can try refreshing the page, clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or using a different browser or device. If the problem persists, you can contact the website's technical support team for assistance.

3. Can I still edit my post without the "Edit" button?

Yes, there may be alternative ways to edit your post without using the "Edit" button. You can try accessing the post through a different page or section on the website, or you can ask a website administrator to edit the post for you.

4. Is this a common issue with the website?

It is difficult to determine if this is a common issue without more information. It could be an isolated incident or a known technical issue that the website is working to resolve. You can check the website's support or help page for any reported issues or contact their technical support team for more information.

5. How long does it usually take for the "Edit" button to start working again?

The amount of time it takes for the "Edit" button to start working again can vary depending on the cause of the issue. If it is a technical issue with the website, it may take longer to resolve. If the problem is on your end, it can be resolved quickly by following the steps mentioned above.