Word Association Game - Start with Chocolate!

• Thread starter Javelin_mad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, the conversation is about a game where one person starts with a word and the next person has to type a word that either sounds like the previous word or is descriptive or relates to it. The game starts with the word "chocolate" and continues with words like "rocket," "socket," "pocket," "lock," and "pail." One person mentions they have a corn fetish and another person expresses confusion about the word "y'all" being used by someone from Essex. The conversation ends with someone mentioning that this type of thread is a pet peeve for someone named Greg.
Javelin_mad
ok I'll start with a word and the next person has to type a word that either sounds like the previous word or is descriptive or relates to it.

ok here goes... let's see how many pages of words can be generated..

CHOCOLATE

Physics news on Phys.org
GOOD word to start with! Yes, thanks. I WILL have some... I just happen to have some in my...

Pocket!

socket

ROCKET

Originally posted by Tsunami
ROCKET
Locket

Originally posted by Evo
Locket
Crazy

hazy.

oh good i see y'all getting the hang of this game

Daisy

Yes, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how Monique came up with 'crazy' from the word 'locket'!

Lazy

BTW, how does someone in Essex come by the use of the word 'y'all'? Are you a transplant?

Maizey? it appears i have a corn fetish at the moment...

kernel

sanders

bucket

edit..well Sanders is at least more understandable than Monique's "crazy" :wink:

Last edited:
pail

Sorry folks, but this kind of thread is Greg's pet peeve. They tend to take up a lot of space, and don't generate much discussion. He stopped the last one for that very reason.

Sorry, but my word is *lock*.

1. What is the purpose of the Word Association Game?

The purpose of the Word Association Game is to practice quick thinking and creativity by associating words with a given starting word.

2. How do you play the Word Association Game?

To play the Word Association Game, one person starts by saying a word (in this case, "chocolate") and the next person has to say a word that is associated with it. This continues with each person responding to the previous word until the group decides to stop or until a predetermined time limit is reached.

3. What are some common associations with the word "chocolate"?

Some common associations with the word "chocolate" may include: sweet, dessert, cocoa, candy, indulgence, brown, cocoa beans, milk, dark, and Hershey's.

4. How does the Word Association Game benefit the brain?

The Word Association Game can benefit the brain by improving cognitive and linguistic skills, such as word recall, vocabulary, and creativity. It also promotes quick thinking and strengthens connections between different areas of the brain.

5. Can the Word Association Game be played alone?

Yes, the Word Association Game can be played alone as a way to practice and improve one's word association skills. One can also use tools such as online word association generators or phone apps to play the game alone.