Does a black hole have a temperature profile?

In summary, the region from the event horizon towards the centre of a black hole is of interest, as it is the region from the centre of the singularity to the edge of the event horizon where the escape velocity is the speed of light. It is believed that this region may have a non-zero temperature profile due to the compression of matter and light. As for space-time and matter-energy inside the event horizon, there is a lot of uncertainty, with some theories suggesting that space-time ceases to exist just inside the event horizon. The issue with black holes is that there are real black holes in nature and there are also mathematical black hole constructs given by theory, leading to questions about the breakdown of General Relativity at the event horizon or deeper
foolosophy
I was interested in the region from the event horizon towards the centre of a black hole. That is, the region from the centre of the singularity to the edge of the event horizon where the escape velocity is the speed of light.

Does this region have a non-zero temperature profile?

What happens to space-time and matter-energy just inside the event horizon?

Space news on Phys.org
1) Interesting question. I think that the area inside the event horizon to the center of the black hole might have a temperature because the matter/light is being compressed so tightly I would assume that the temperature would raise a few degrees for a few seconds, until the coldness of space cooled it down again, thus, giving the surrounding area a little bit of heat. But, we can't see into event horizons so we have nothing to worry about really.
2) Well, time slows down a lot when you get closer to the event horizon. As for matter/energy and actual space, I am not sure.

...but doesn't Einstein's theory imply that space-time ceases to exist just inside the event horizon?

Thats the issue I have with balck holes - there are the real black holes in nature and there are the mathematical BLACK HOLE constructs given by theory

Something else is happening inside a black hole that is not described by General Relativity (actually what I am asking is "does General relativity break down at the event horizon or deeper inside the black hole at the singularity point?)

1. What is the temperature profile of a black hole?

The temperature profile of a black hole is not a uniform temperature across its surface, as it does not have a surface. Instead, it is believed that the temperature increases as you get closer to the center of the black hole.

2. How is the temperature of a black hole measured?

The temperature of a black hole is measured indirectly through the black hole's effects on its surroundings. For example, the temperature of the accretion disk (a disk of hot gas that forms around a black hole) can be measured and used to estimate the temperature of the black hole.

3. What causes a black hole to have a temperature?

A black hole's temperature is caused by Hawking radiation, a theoretical type of radiation that is thought to be emitted by black holes due to quantum effects near the event horizon. This radiation causes the black hole to slowly lose mass and energy over time.

4. Does the temperature of a black hole change over time?

Yes, the temperature of a black hole is believed to decrease over time as it emits Hawking radiation and loses mass. However, this process is extremely slow and difficult to observe, so the temperature change is negligible on human timescales.

5. Can black holes have different temperature profiles?

Yes, the temperature profiles of black holes can vary depending on their size and rate of accretion (the process of matter falling into the black hole). Smaller black holes are thought to have higher temperatures, while larger black holes have lower temperatures.