Where can I buy a math book strictly with questions for practice purposes?

• Thread starter Raizy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation is about finding resources to practice math and physics in preparation for a college program. The person suggests using Schaum's Outlines, which include brief overviews and worked exercises with answers provided. They also mention looking for e-books and checking a second hand bookshop for resources.
Raizy
I want to be able to practice my math weekly or monthly so the stuff I learned stays in my head. I am currently self-studying to enter a college program in Sept. and I suspect I may be finished my pre-requisites 2 months early.

What can I do? Is it counter productive to re-do example questions and exercises? Are there any resources I can buy? Where can I buy a big book of math questions? I'd like to buy one packed with intermediate algebra questions (Grade 11 and 12 college level math). One with a bunch of word problems that shows also shows the steps at the back of the book rather than just the answers. Does anyone know where I can purchase them?

And one more thing, one for grade 11 and 12 physics?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
You have pretty much stated the contents of Schaum's Outlines. Find one for the topic you're interested in reviewing and you're good to go.
each chapter gives a brief overview of the topic of interest with the relevant results highlighted, then there are several fully worked exercises, plus more unworked execises, but with answers at the back.

Awesome. I'm definitely going to take a look. I will be looking for e-books aswell, so if anyone recommends any please share :)

why don't you look in a second hand bookshop?

1. Where can I find a math book specifically for practicing questions?

There are several places where you can find math books with strictly practice questions. These include online retailers such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble, as well as physical bookstores like Barnes and Noble or local independent bookstores.

2. Can I buy a math book with practice questions from my local library?

It depends on the policies of your local library. Some libraries may have a limited selection of math books with practice questions available for checkout, while others may not have any at all. It is best to check with your library directly.

3. Are there any websites where I can download math books with practice questions for free?

Yes, there are several websites where you can download math books with practice questions for free. Some popular options include OpenStax, Project Gutenberg, and Bookboon. Keep in mind that the selection may be limited and the quality may vary.

4. Can I buy a math book with practice questions for a specific grade level or subject?

Yes, many math books with practice questions are designed for a specific grade level or subject. Some may focus on a particular topic, such as algebra or geometry, while others may cover a range of topics. Be sure to check the description or table of contents before purchasing to ensure it meets your needs.

5. Is it better to buy a physical book or an e-book for practicing math questions?

This ultimately depends on personal preference. Some people may prefer the convenience of an e-book, while others may prefer the tactile experience of a physical book. It is also worth considering that some e-books may offer interactive features or links to additional resources, while physical books may be easier to annotate and flip through.