Looking for good websites about physics

In summary, this person recommends investing in a good physics textbook, watching Feynman's lectures, and searching for proofs online.
haloshade
Are there any good websites out there that are good at explaining various physics concepts and theories, from Newtonian physics to string theory, in a form that a high school physics student like myself can understand?

I need to know this since I am currently fascinated with physics and thinking pf majoring in it. I've tried Wikipedia but I can't trust everything on there plus some articles are hard to understand due to the author's lack of explaining the subject correctly.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Likes gracy
Physics news on Phys.org
I would say you're on it... but that might not be the answer you would like to hear.

In general, I would invest in a good physics textbook... if you would like to venture out a little bit more and are comfortable with math, you might want to look into Feynman's lectures on physics... but i would ask what your math and physics experience is before i would tell you to buy it. Other textbooks, say for like a freshman physics series, will explain in great detail all of the concepts I am assuming you want to learn.

Many of these textbooks are also available for free online.

In addition, if you would like parallel explanations to these concepts... utilize the search function in these forums, as well as searching with google for various proofs and such with regards to the concept you are interested in.

lstellyl said:
I would say you're on it... but that might not be the answer you would like to hear.

In general, I would invest in a good physics textbook... if you would like to venture out a little bit more and are comfortable with math, you might want to look into Feynman's lectures on physics... but i would ask what your math and physics experience is before i would tell you to buy it. Other textbooks, say for like a freshman physics series, will explain in great detail all of the concepts I am assuming you want to learn.

Many of these textbooks are also available for free online.

In addition, if you would like parallel explanations to these concepts... utilize the search function in these forums, as well as searching with google for various proofs and such with regards to the concept you are interested in.

Thanks for your advice, as of right now my mathematics isn't that high for advance physics, since I am currently enrolled in my high school's pre-calculus class.

How about an inspiring physicist's blog? I used to see one, but lost track of it.

http://www.learner.org/resources/series42.html

This contains introductory physics lectures explaining various physics concepts from classical mechanics to quantum mechanics. The lectures are viewed in the US and Canada. If you are living in other countries, you can access to the lectures via the following link.

http://documentaries-plus.blogspot.com/2010/08/mechanical-universe.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are the best websites to learn about physics?

Some of the top websites for learning about physics include Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and HyperPhysics. These sites offer a wide range of resources such as interactive lessons, videos, and practice problems to help you understand various concepts in physics.

2. Are there any websites specifically for beginners in physics?

Yes, there are websites like Physics Central and The Physics Hypertextbook that are designed for beginners in physics. They offer simple explanations and examples to help you grasp the fundamentals of physics.

3. How can I find reliable and accurate information about physics online?

One way to ensure that the information you find online is accurate and reliable is to look for websites run by reputable organizations or educational institutions. You can also check for references and sources cited on the website to verify the information.

4. Are there any websites for advanced topics in physics?

Yes, there are websites like Physics World and Phys.org that cover the latest news and research in advanced topics in physics. These sites are great for staying up-to-date with developments in the field.

5. Can I find interactive simulations or experiments on websites about physics?

Absolutely! Many websites, such as PhET Interactive Simulations and Physics Simulations, offer interactive simulations and experiments that you can use to better understand various concepts in physics. These are especially helpful for visual learners.