Can you show me schemes of simple back-forward motion inverter.

In summary, a back-forward motion inverter is a device that changes the direction of motion, allowing for more flexibility and control in mechanical systems. It typically consists of gears, levers, and other mechanical components, and is commonly used in conveyor belts, robotics, and toys. There are various types of back-forward motion inverters, each with its own unique design and mechanism. While a diagram cannot be provided, a quick internet search can provide visual aids for better understanding.
sloloo
Can you show me schemes of simple back-forward motion inverter. It means if something move in one direction device should move another part in the opposite direction on the same axis. I need it to build wood-lathe pantograph. Interesting in jointed line work mechanisms

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org

How about two rods with racks on them, with a fixed pinion between them?

1. What is a back-forward motion inverter?

A back-forward motion inverter is a device used to convert a forward motion into a backward motion, or vice versa. It essentially changes the direction of a motion, allowing for more flexibility and control in various mechanical systems.

2. How does a back-forward motion inverter work?

A back-forward motion inverter typically consists of gears, levers, and other mechanical components that work together to change the direction of motion. When a forward motion is applied, the gears and levers redirect the force in the opposite direction, allowing for a back-forward motion.

3. What are some common applications of a back-forward motion inverter?

Back-forward motion inverters are commonly used in various mechanical systems, such as conveyor belts, robotics, and machinery. They are also used in toys and games, such as remote-controlled cars, to allow for both forward and backward movement.

4. Are there different types of back-forward motion inverters?

Yes, there are various types of back-forward motion inverters, including rack and pinion, crank and slider, and worm gear. Each type has its own unique design and mechanism for converting motion in different directions.

5. Can you show me a diagram of a simple back-forward motion inverter?

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide a diagram as it would require visual aids. However, a quick internet search can provide you with various diagrams and illustrations of different types of back-forward motion inverters.