I need information about vacum chem

In summary, the conversation is about building a vacuum chamber and seeking help and references on how to do so. The desired vacuum level is about 10^-6 torr and there is a question about the physical effect used in solar sails.
hagopbul
hello all

i need to build my own vacuum chamber any references i build one but it is not working ...

want your help and experience in it

Physics news on Phys.org
hagopbul said:
hello all

i need to build my own vacuum chamber any references i build one but it is not working ...

want your help and experience in it

Your post is vague. First of all, what vacuum level do you intend to have? Having something down to the level of 1 torr is different than having it down to 10^-10 torr.

Zz.

i want about 10^-6 torr

and about that question that you give me a warring about ( the heat driving fan)

i was asking about the name of the physical effect that used in solar sail

1. What is vacuum chemistry?

Vacuum chemistry is a branch of chemistry that deals with chemical reactions and processes that occur under low pressure environments, typically below atmospheric pressure. It is used in various industries such as semiconductor manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, and materials science.

2. Why is vacuum chemistry important?

Vacuum chemistry is important because it allows for the study and manipulation of chemical reactions in a controlled environment, free from the influence of atmospheric gases. This can lead to a better understanding of reaction mechanisms and the development of new materials and processes.

3. What are some common vacuum chemistry techniques?

Some common vacuum chemistry techniques include evaporation, sublimation, distillation, and freeze-drying. These techniques are used to remove gases and solvents from a sample in order to study its properties under low pressure conditions.

4. What are the potential hazards of working with vacuum chemistry?

Working with vacuum chemistry can present hazards such as implosions due to sudden changes in pressure, exposure to toxic or flammable gases, and the risk of burns from contact with hot surfaces. It is important to follow proper safety protocols and use appropriate protective equipment when working with vacuum equipment.

5. How is vacuum chemistry used in practical applications?

Vacuum chemistry has many practical applications, including the production of semiconductors, pharmaceuticals, and thin films for electronic devices. It is also used in research laboratories to study the properties of materials and chemical reactions under low pressure conditions.