Natural Green Eyes: Close-Up Pics

In summary, the conversation discusses finding pictures of natural green eyes for a school project on genetics. The person suggests doing a Google image search and also provides a link to a website featuring celebrities with green eyes. There is also a brief discussion about the color of the person's own eyes.
Sapphire
Can you please post pictures (Preferrably close-ups but they don't have to be) of natural (Not man-made) green eyes in this thread (I need them for a school project I am doing on genetics) and I am having trouble finding close-ups of ones that I know are natural)

(If the pictures look really good too that's good)

thanks

Biology news on Phys.org
Do a 'green eye' image search on google and you will find plenty.

Sorry one last question.
Do you think these are natural green eyes? Or do you think this person has contacts on? Because her eyes arent shaded

http://www.tccandler.com/images/actresses/Jennifer_Connelly_HQ_Green_Eyes.jpg

Last edited:
Do these eyes look real?

http://www.butterflydani.com/eyes.jpg

http://www.coastalcaffeine.com/images/Erin%20D%20-%20Eyes.JPG

Im not sure whether it looks like the person is wearing contacts

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, check out this site of celebrities with green eyes. I didn't look in depth but if you can't find a picture you like of the eyes of these celbrities then you can always find a better picture of them from somewhere else. It might add a little zing to your project to use celebrities. I know I always perk up when I hear the words 'Jennifer Connelly' or Jennifer Anniston'.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7finh/id14.html

thanks...that helped a little

I have kind of green eyes.

Actually I am not sure. Maybe they are blue with a yellow ring in the middle. Hmm, I don't really realize how special my eyes are. So they should be green in the middle. I guess I should try to take a picture.

Sapphire, I think those are real. Or they look real. My eyes look a bit like Jennifer Connelly ones. So even if that one isn't real, which is very possible. It is a realistic lok. My eyes have a stronger yellow ring in the middle. You can see a bit of yellow ring in the middle of those eyes but I have more yellow.

Seems that green eyes are just blue ones with yellow inside.

Last edited:

1. What causes natural green eyes?

Natural green eyes are caused by a combination of genetics and the amount of melanin in the iris. The gene for green eyes is recessive, meaning both parents must carry the gene for a child to have green eyes. Additionally, green eyes have a lower amount of melanin compared to other eye colors, which allows light to reflect off the iris and give the appearance of green.

2. Are green eyes rare?

Yes, green eyes are considered rare, making up only about 2% of the world's population. They are most commonly found in northern and central Europe, but can also be found in other parts of the world.

3. Can someone's eye color change from green to another color?

It is highly unlikely for someone's eye color to change from green to another color. While it is possible for eye color to change during childhood, once a person reaches adolescence, their eye color is typically set for life. However, certain factors such as lighting, clothing, and makeup can make green eyes appear to be a different shade.

4. Are there different shades of green eyes?

Yes, there are several different shades of green eyes, including emerald green, olive green, and hazel green. The exact shade of green can vary based on the amount of melanin in the iris, as well as lighting and other environmental factors.

5. Can green eyes be passed down through generations?

Yes, the gene for green eyes can be passed down through generations. However, because it is a recessive gene, both parents must carry the gene in order for a child to have green eyes. This means that even if both parents have green eyes, there is still a chance their child may not inherit the gene and have a different eye color.